Question of the Day, December 1, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006

Word on the street is that BioWare has started taking testers for The Old Republic [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105736-BioWare-Taking-Old-Republic-Beta-Testers]. Do you want in on the game's eventual beta?

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
I guess it could be fun, I doubt it is going to revolutionize mmorpgs in a way like Wow but it would be above average in my opinion.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I hold little love for Bioware, after seeing that they Mass Effect'd up Dragon Age 2.

And I hold NO love for the Star Wars universe.

So, I'm not excited.

I agree with Hitler!

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
No, having taking part in a MMO beta test here in my country, it is an awful experience. Having to report bugs an all. getting your character constantly rolled back. Pass.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
I was quite dismissive of TOR until recently but since taking a look at KOTOR for the first time my interest is rising. It's going to be the biggest and most important new MMO in years, so yeah, I'd be interested in seeing it sooner rather than later.

Tahmoh

Sep 1, 2008
Would love to but not sure my pc will run it since most games seem to require ridiculous specs and uber expensive graphics cards these days.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
Two of my friends are quite excited about the game, but I'm just sort of indifferent. However, if you can kill Jar-Jar as many times as you want and/or fill in the Gungan's lake(s) with cement, I'll be first in line.

Woem

May 28, 2009
The Escapist Staff said:

Word on the street is that BioWare has started taking beta testers for The Old Republic [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105736-BioWare-Taking-Old-Republic-Beta-Testers]. Do you want in on this?

This is an odd poll. Beta-testing is not just about getting early access to a game, it's about beta testing the game. You have a responsibility to report any and all bugs you encounter. It's not a half-finished version of the full game, it's a work in progress of which you then become a part. Beta-testing is not all fun.

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
I hold little love for Bioware, after seeing that they Mass Effect'd up Dragon Age 2.

And I hold NO love for the Star Wars universe.

So, I'm not excited.

I agree with Hitler!

I hope they do not absolutely ruin my dragon age, though forcing me to be human prettey much has done in it intself. Though I would like to beta test the Old Republic, as I am still searching for a mmorpg that I enjoy.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I'd love to beta test it, it's the only MMO I'd even consider playing.

shirin238

Aug 19, 2008
I would enjoy beta testing it (even though I am skeptical as to whether it would work on my 3 year old laptop)
than again, being a student I am currently engaged in Owh fuck papers owh piss exams crap crap crap I am going baaaallldddd
I find my time is better spend with my nose in books than in video games sadly enough :'[

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
My real answer is that I don't actually plan on playing this, but if I could get in on the Beta and it's really good, I might consider it. To me, getting in a beta test for this could let me help make the game better, and even if I DON'T like it, I think it's about time a good Star Wars game was out.

Beta testing things I have no real interest in is probably best, since then if I get bored or annoyed with it, I don't care because I'm not going to pay for it, but I still feel like I helped make a difference in the video game community.

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
I would give my first born for it. Sign a contract for it and all to make it properly binding.

Yeah, I know. That's just a cheap way to get rid of a potential extra mouth to feed, but hey..

6unn3r

Aug 12, 2008
Assassin Xaero said:
No. It is BioWare, so I'd probably find it bland and boring like their other games...
But the dialog is so well written.....most of the time.

Explorator Vimes

Jun 7, 2010
I voted other because I've never liked the Star Wars universe, so I've no real interest in it, but I know all my friends would probably love to get to beta test it and say they helped make the finished product by locating bugs. They love Star Wars and want this to succeed.

Suicideking

Oct 28, 2009
I voted other, because under the NDA I can only say:

There is a beta test. I am in the beta test.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Eliam_Dar said:
No, having taking part in a MMO beta test here in my country, it is an awful experience. Having to report bugs an all. getting your character constantly rolled back. Pass.
It's a chore. Which is why I still find it weird that people do it for free: worse, they hope to win it like a prize or pre-order the game for access.
People used to get paid to beta test and they probably still should.
Hell, I think Obsidian should pay ME $60 for buying Fallout New Vegas on launch day for the same reason: playing the beta isn't usually very fun, it's a process to find the glitches & bugs.