Question of the Day, December 2, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, December 2, 2010

Some UK game retailers are selling Donkey Kong Country Returns in return for bananas [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105772-Retailer-Goes-Bananas-Exchanges-Videogames-for-Fruit]. If you could pay for any game with a fruit, what fruit would it be?

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Apples, I can get a boatload of 'em cheap and don't really like them. Hmm, I wonder if I don't like apples because of Apple, or Apple because of apples.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
I would suggest another fruit beyond all of those; durians.

Seriously, they don't get enough love. They only game I've seen them in is Super Mario Sunshine, back in the GCN days. Additionally, they're available in the international market in a neighboring city that's within driving distance, so it'd be a unique experience getting them, as well.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
Raisins, straight up.

...I suppose they count as grapes. But I think their absolutely VIIIILLLEEE
I'm a massive fruit fan, so if it was anything else I'd end up munching it all hrrrr.

Besides. We need to think practicality here!

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
I picked peaches, cos they are blatently the tastiest. And super smoft!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Grapes, when you have leftover change, just pop it into your mouth, no peeling or half-eaten fruit leftover.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Blueberries, as then I could sell stuff and get some yummy ones!

FinalFrog

Jun 1, 2009
Durians! That way all the people without decent senses of smell will naturally become the worlds greatest money brokers!

(If you've never smelled a durian I have friends who can attest that you're missing the sensation of a lifetime!)

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Magnatek said:

Seriously, they don't get enough love. They only game I've seen them in is Super Mario Sunshine, back in the GCN days. Additionally, they're available in the international market in a neighboring city that's within driving distance, so it'd be a unique experience getting them, as well.
Durians?! Those are munitions!

No no no, we're safer with using raspberries. So long as no one has a 16-ton weight or tiger handy, that is...

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Magnatek said:

yeah well if they did not reak! then maybe they could get some more love.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
Bananas are the cheapest fruits on this list to stock up on. Unless exchange rates start getting to be too crazy, like if 10 Bananas is only worth 3 Fuji Apples.