Question of the Day, Feb. 26, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, Feb. 26, 2010

Yesterday, we asked you if you were fond of Special or Limited Editions, but today we want to know if you care about the box at all.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Physical. Digital takes up space on hard drives, etc. Then again, I'm a console gamer for the most part, with a mere 20 GB HDD. On the PC, I could care less.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
digital, only boxed games i have is for my consoles, if only PSN and XBLA would start selling new full title games.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Physical copy will always win through. That way I know I have it, dont need to worry about viruses and what not wiping it out.

And if stolen, I know Insurance will cover ti

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Physical copy is preferable, but when the digital copy is half the price of retail then economics comes into play.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
I prefer having a physical copy of games, music or movies. However as far as games are concerned I haven't gotten anything on disk in over a year. Digital is generally cheaper and more convenient so I cave...

Batfred

Nov 11, 2009
I like a physical copy, but digital is so convenient. It all comes down to how much I value the game I think and on what format - I'm much more likely to want a physical copy for a PS3 game and a digital for the PC.

MNRA

Jun 8, 2009
Physical copy. When I buy a game I always go physical copy. Since a find myself sharing a lot of sentiments with Shamus Young says I'm the kind of person who stays very very far away from digital distribution.

I'm not paying full price for a game that -should the company servers ever shut down for wahtever reason- I can no longer access. But then again, maybe I'm just old fashioned :p

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
I'll rather take physical copy. It seems "safer" that way. Plus, my Internet connection is not exactly made of pure win and 24-karat gold.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
I prefer digital, so I can download it from anywhere without having to dig through my closet for the box. That's why I love steam so much.

Darkwolf9

Aug 19, 2008
For consoles I tend to like having physical copies so I can play them and my friends can borrow them. For hand held games I prefer to have digital copies because the buggers are easy to lose and hard to keep up with when you're on the go.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
If it's for the the PC, then, yeah; I would want that digitally. Unless the site that offers it for download no longer exists, then I'm screwed.

But if it's for my Xbox 360, and it's not an arcade game, then I would want a physical copy. I mean, I'm not rushing to get a bigger hard drive for that thing, because I haven't found the need for one.

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
actually usually boxed but if steam happens to have a ridiculously cheap deal on it i'll just go digital

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
I'm mainly a Steam buyer, so I tend to have a lot of digital games.
But it really depends - I would rather have Dragon Age/The Witcher/Mass Effect 2/GTA IV/etc in a physical copy 'cos of the size of the game.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Physical. Even for the games I bought and downloaded through Stardock I still had a physical copy delivered. If there's no physical version available, or if the downloadable version is ridiculously cheap I am sometimes persuaded to get it, but on the whole I prefer to have something I can hold in my hands.

It is also one of the many reasons I prefer real expansion packs to all that DLC nonsense the gaming world has been so fond of lately.

Spiner909

Dec 3, 2009
Physical is better overall for me though I do have a copy of Dead Space on my Hard Drive.
I prefer not having to risk deletion or viruses and crap.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I prefer physical. If I don't want it any more I can sell it and if my friend wants to try it I can lend it to them.