Question of the Day, January 12, 2011

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, January 12, 2011

Later this month, Cryptic's Champions Online will get its free-to-play reboot [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106863-Champions-Online-Free-to-Play-Begins-January-25]. Will you be more likely to check it out now?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Yep.

Looking for a solid F2P MMO, and people are telling me LOTRO is going to run out of content very quickly, so...

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Other: I've played it a lot when it was P2P so I won't play the free version.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
Nope. I play Closed Beta and it sucked, dont think they fixed it (since it went f2p).

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Defiantly, i played for about a 8 months after it came out but i felt that what i was paying wasn't worth the content.

Now its free and got loads of shiny new stuff!

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
I will play it, if only to see all of Shamus's jokes come to fruition in real life.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
I'ma say yes, since I've been paying to play it anyway. Wouldn't mind continuing to pay, assuming I have time to play. Main advantage here is that the community will get a nice boost.

And hey, now my cheaper friends can play without issue.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I actually want to. But I'll try to not.
Because what happened the last time i started playing a P2P MMO that had turned F2P.
Jesus, i was playing it non-stop. I mean, i can't afford to waste so much time, again!
But still, it's tempting...

phoenix352

Mar 29, 2009
Owlslayer said:
Because what happened the last time i started playing a P2P MMO that had turned F2P.
Jesus, i was playing it non-stop. I mean, i can't afford to waste so much time, again!
if you played it so much and thought it was a waste of time ... then iam sorry but you don't seem to play for the right reasons.

OT: well if the free version wont lock any core gameplay such as curtain powers or skills then sure id play it .. if it does then its just a company seeking for quick profits from the micro transactions .

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I was looking at it.
And seriously considering. I missed out on the craze that was City of Heroes and its counterpart, City of Villains...

So I've still yet to grit my teeth into any kind of Superhero MMO.

So when I have some spare cash laying around that I can buy the game with, I'll definitely look into it.

phoenix352

Mar 29, 2009
Archemetis said:
I was looking at it.
And seriously considering. I missed out on the craze that was City of Heroes and its counterpart, City of Villains...

So when I have some spare cash laying around that I can buy the game with, I'll definitely look into it.
FREE mmo ... the extra cash would be on petty things like extra custumes and locked adventures ..nothing too big :3

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
phoenix352 said:
Owlslayer said:
if you played it so much and thought it was a waste of time ... then iam sorry but you don't seem to play for the right reasons.
Oh no, sorry, you misunderstood. I wanted to say that i did enjoy it, but eventually, when looking back, it made me think: "What could i have done instead of playing 550 hours of that game?" I kinda wanted that time back. Sure, it might be childish and stupid, but still. I'm not complaining. I enjoyed it. But i won't let myself enjoy such a thing again. I'll try to do something else, i guess.

I think I'm trying to say that my mind is to weak to resist the lure of MMOs. I get addicted to them fast, and i don't want that to happen (again).

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
phoenix352 said:
Archemetis said:
I was looking at it.

FREE mmo ... the extra cash would be on petty things like extra custumes and locked adventures ..nothing too big :3
referring entirely to the price of the actual game. Have to buy it first to enjoy all that... Free...