Question of the Day, January 24, 2011

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, January 24, 2011

This week at The Escapist, we're all about all things Sega. While the Sonic the Hedgehog studio might no longer be a hardware company, let's look back at the days in which it was: Which Sega-made console was your favorite?

krychek57

Some Random Dude
Apr 13, 2010
Genesis, too many good memory's of hacking it up with Mortal Kombat. I had a hard time getting past the controllers for the Dreamcast.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
What happened to the "I don't care/Never owned a Sega/Sega's never my favorite" options? The last 15 years of Slashdot polls hasn't taught y'all that you always put a Cowboy Neal up there?

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
shit, missed the vote, voted for dreamcast when my favorite is Saturn T-T

still... what's with all the sega stuff today =P

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Genesis was the only one I owned.

So it by default.

I like a couple of DC games that wer eported to other systems, but never played the console itself.

UnnDunn

Aug 15, 2006
Definitely Dreamcast.

Having said that, it was the only Sega console I ever owned.

But I still think it is one of the Greatest Consoles of All Time (second only to SNES.)

marscentral

Where's the Kaboom?
Dec 26, 2009
The Master System, Mega Drive and Dreamcast all make me feel nostalgic (I never owned a Saturn). The Mega Drive just edges them out for me.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
The Sega Game Gear was the only one I ever owned, so I would go with that if it was a poll option.

I suppose the closest one to that on the poll is the Master System, as the Game Gear was like a portable Master System and you could get the Master Gear Converter which allowed you to Master System cartridges on the Game Gear.

However the reverse wasn't possible because the Game Gear had a larger colour palette and it's games couldn't be played on the Master System or Genesis, so as my favourite Game Gear games were only on the Game Gear, I can't vote for the Master System, not even as a distant second.

S_K

Nov 16, 2007
I owned a gamegear, genesis and a saturn the latter 2 I still own. You guys should be ashamed because thanks to you sega thinks there was nearly no good saturn games worth remaking or porting, which couldn't be further from the truth >.>

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Genesis all the way. While a SNES guy myself, I loved playing the Sonic 1,2, and 3. Plus, the NHL series, and the Mortal Kombat games seemed better on the Genesis than on the SNES.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Mega Drive + Mortal Kombat + Sonic + Aladdin = Astronomical win. I played it regularly up until I got a PS2 in 2001.

I was a poor child, but I had taste ;)

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Genesis, the only one of those I actually played. Though I heard good things about the Dreamcast...