Question of the Day, January 27, 2011

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, January 27, 2011

Bethesda recently announced release dates for three of its major 2011 titles: Rage, Hunted and Brink. Between these and Skyrim, which has you most psyched?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Out of those choices, probably Skyrim.
I still play Oblivion, it is just as good as the day I first bought it.
Can't wait for the next.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
Skyrim! I honestly haven't even heard of Rage...and I think I saw Brink once in a PC Gamer magazine, but none of them will compare to the Mighty Elder Scrolls. Can't wait to duel wield and kick ass.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Skyrim, hands down.

Even the small amounts of details I've read have made me incredibly hyped about it. And it's still far, far away...

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Elder Scrolls VI? I can't believe I missed V, because if V was there, I would totally pick that.

Calumon: I wonder what people have against numbers?

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
I have to say Brink. It looks more fun than the others, and I don't care for Bethesda's Elder Scrolls series, so Hunted, which seems like a repurposed Skyrim doesn't appeal to me very much, and Rage just seems too... Angry.
I know how obvious that sounds from a game called Rage, but I don't really like the look of it all that much.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Skyrim, easily. I've been an Elder Scrolls enthusiast since Morrowind, so I look forward to seeing what they bring to the table this year.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
rage. looks really fun and interesting, plus, it isn't developed by bethesda which is a plus (while i respect them as a company, i find their games incredibly boring) hopefully id does good.

Jonci

Sep 15, 2009
I'll say Brink, just because I see it as reinventing FPS design. Elder Scrolls V will be more of the same. A great more of the same, but the same. Plus, I doubt Elder Scrolls V is really going to make 2011.

Blights

Feb 16, 2009
Brink, I never like Oblivion.
Plus, Brink's free-run mechanic looks hella interesting.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim hands down I have it pre-ordered and I'm ticking off the days on my calendar. Can't wait!

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
No option for 'None of them'? I honestly am not interested in any of those.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
None of the ones that were developed by them. I'm done with Bethesda and their shitty engine.

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
Well, considering I've never heard anything about the other three, Skyrim wins by default.

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
Skyrim ofc. Had enough of shooters in general and post-apocalypse so RAGE is just the runner up, besides, wtf is BRINK or Hunted?

KuwaSanjuro

Dec 22, 2010
Skyrim: didn't particularly enjoy Oblivion but I thought it had a lot of good merits.
Rage: Not really big fan of iD, I guess mainly cos I'm not a massive FPS fan but I do like them.
Brink: I know it is an FPS as I mentioned about previously but this looks pretty good mainly because of the Mirror's Edge style free-running- could be terrible though.
Hunted: (Indifferent shrug) never heard of it.