Question of the Day, July 10, 2010

Snowden's Secret

Apr 4, 2010
I usually try my hand at both, just to see how different decisions are rewarded.
For instance, if a really powerful & shiny weapon is being offered to me in exchange for some morally apprehensive deed, I'll usually see if not doing the opposite will yield an even more useful shiny weapon, then decide.

Mister Swift

Disingenuously asserting.
Jan 27, 2010
I'll usually play neutral. When a game had no benefits for being neutral (I'm looking at you Mass Effect), I'll play good.

I'll play evil on my second playthrough, which is also the playthrough I crank up the difficulty.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
It depends. I usually play a morally grey character, due to the fact I don't give a shit unless someone's down on their luck, can't find their family, or are threatening a woman or a child.
But asides that, unless there's a reward, I don't care.

Jimmy_Mac

Jun 16, 2010
Always the Bad guy, Then I can kill and destroy things in happiness rather than continuously hearing my character justify his killing with peace and justice etc.

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
I typically choose the good options in moral choice games. In crime games, all I do is try and see how many pedestrians can die with me still finishing the mission.

Kavachi said:
Mainly the good guy, especially in stuff ike ME, but in some games you are forced to be bad or it is more fun to be bad (like Evil Genius and Overlord).

EDIT: to clarify why I'm good in ME and ME2: I just can't act like an asshole to that many people, the game is too immersive for that and i would feel bad XD Call me a wuss but its true
That Candlejack? Huh pretty interesting choice of ava

Estocavio

Aug 5, 2009
Bad, because bad is mostly the only true good - So i guess i play as the good guy, its just that hes branded as the bad guy.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
I can't help it I'm always the good guy (unless some character is intentionally annoying, then I just blast their ass and make up for it with saving a kitten around the corner, game morality is convenient like that). I only do the evildoer path to get some replay value out of the game but I usually have to force myself all the way though, it just doesn't feel right!

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
both, if a game gives you morallity options I play the game twice....
may as well get my moneys worth!

Sam Warrior

Feb 13, 2010
usually play the good guy, because there are no shades of grey in video games, normally it comes down to save the small child (as good option) leave and do nothing (neutral/bad) or brutally murder the childs family and then shoot them in the head (clearly evil). its not like you get the option to be slightly mean you are good or evil. so I tend to play good cuz I like to consider myself a nice person anyway so its more natural for me.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Generally, I will always be good..I cant play bad...I just feel too much of a jerk, and actu\ally feel bad for it...

However, I do find bad guys in games more intresting...go figure lol

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Well, if I get a choice, depending on the game I'll do both storylines. The only similar example I can think of for this (Although I haven't got the game) is starting both a good and bad account on Fable...

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
Interesting to see that the percentage of people playing good and people playing bad is about even. I prefer to play good in games because it is my nature and applying my nature to the ingame character feels right to me and adds to my immersion into the game. It is against my naure to play a bad guy/asshole given the ability to develop my own character personality in the game so I don't. If the game has a predetermined character development that potrays the character as bad or anti-hero, I can play along, but given the choice I will play as the good guy. I always like the idea of playing as the underdog...and often the good guy can be seen as the underdog fighting some great eveil or dark force.