Question of the Day, July 16, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, July 16, 2010

After a 13 year hiatus, Beavis & Butthead are coming back to television. Will you be lamenting or celebrating their return?

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Never watched it, and the only experience I have of it is Rex and Weevil in Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged, and I don't particularly like them anyway, so... no.

I thought the question would be what Namco Bandai games would you want released.

Calumon: They really keep us on our toes don't they?

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
The show wasn't funny then, it won't be funny now. But I'm still probably going to give it a chance...

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
REALLY? AWESOME!

And I know I'm the first to like this idea, so to the above posters: I am quite excited.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
I'm probably going to end up watching it, but I didn't much care for the series. My brother loves it though.

Ziggy the wolf

May 26, 2009
when i was younger and dumber, i thought it was funny. i do like the movie but the episodes now are too 90's for this day and age. its just another reboot of an old series like the reboot of MMPR coming out it doesnt need to be and it just sad

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Im pretty indifferent on it. It had its moments, but...it also had its really terrible moments too...

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
If Mike Judge is involved, I'm interested to see how the show will work after he's had his experience tempered by so many years of the restrained, character-based humor of King of the Hill. I was amused by the original show, no doubt, but it wasn't GREAT, it was mostly just dumb humor (which I'm not even sure would stand up to my scrutiny now that I'm not a teenager). I'm curious as to what set this plan into motion. Did he really think that the original show was that fantastic and he misses it, or does he think he wants to reboot it after having some more time in the industry? Or something else?

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
I hardly remember the show itself. I remember the movie a bit. Should be cool to watch again.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Im a bit on the 'meh' side when ti comes to this. B&B had reasons to exist in 90ties, when the music genres started mixing and there was lot of rock/metal pushing into mainstream. Seems like milking the name for profits rather than trying to actually come up with something suiting our current days.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
The show still stands as my favorite comedy series of all time, so...YES I'M EXCITED!! This might be the best news I've heard all year.

I don't think people realize how meticulously planned out the episodes are. It's not just a bunch of people throwing crap together; the show is seriously brilliant. The characters and dialogue are stupid, but brilliantly so.

I just hope this reboot matches up with the original series in terms of quality. I have yet to see any other TV series do so.