Question of the Day, July 20, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, July 20, 2010

You can have your choice of one of these - a robot, a doppelganger, or a clone. Each one is built to be exactly like you in almost every single way. Which do you choose?

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
A robot!

Me: Robo! Make me a sammich!

Robo: You're terminated, fucker!

Me: NOOOOOOOOO! *splosh*

... I die a lot in my fantasies.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Robot. I can't see the difference between clone or doppleganger, but robots can take in more info and commands than you can shake a stick at, while I sit at home on the Escapist, somehow getting A* grades on everything.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
Doppleganger; just because having a clone or a robot "built" for me seems weird.

I'm assuming here, that dopplegangers are in the sense that they are the ones that look like me but unknown to me. Since they're exactly like me in every way, I can assume that they're not evil either.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
robot of course!
a clone is boring, and dopplegangers are usually evil.
and with the robot i can always put a coating on it to make it look human.

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
Robot. So I can program him to have sex with me... what?! I'm a good looking fella!

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
A robot, of course. You can turn it on and off, it's tireless, and overall easier to control...I hope. Eh. If anyone ever cloned me I'd kill myself/my clone because that'd just be unbearable for everyone involved. As for a doppelganger; well, an evil version of me? No thanks.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Clone. I do not want a double of me last forever. Besides, my brother is a robot and from what I learned from him is to never trust robots because they do not have any feelings.

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Wait, what's the difference between a clone and a doppleganger?
OT: Robot, if it's house trained.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
Huh. I always thought it was spelled "doppelganger". Too lazy to look it up and verify.

Anyway, robot. It's a servant I wouldn't feel guilty for exploiting.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Robot, no doubt.

A clone would just cause trouble, and not be helpful at all because of having its own will.

A doppelganger is traditionally a sign of bad luck, and otherwise just creepy.

Whilst robots are solid, will do your bidding, and are generally just awesome.

Xiorell

Jan 9, 2010
Hmm... Tough one...

If a Doppelganger is equal and opposite, I guess that would mean Karma and stuff would be balenced out by there being a nice version of me.

Clone... well I could keep it locked up till I needed to harvest it's Organs to prolong my own life or whatever...

But I also have to go with Robot, I think I could get more done with one of those.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Furburt said:
A robot. They're a lot more durable.

I mean, if they made a clone of me, it'd be made of the same fleshy meat I am, and thus just as useless, but a Terminator style version of me? Fuck yes!
That's the perfect answer.

Plus, if I made a clone of myself, I'd end up killing the smart-mouthed ****.

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
A robot wouldn't be considered a person, so if he pissed me off I could disable him. And don't get me started on the Civil Liberties of Robots bs. Of course that would be ideal, but it would never happen. We humans are xenophobic idiots.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Robot.

Mostly because If I told a cloned version of me to do the dishes, he would just tell me to fuck off.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Khaiseri said:
Clone. I do not want a double of me last forever. Besides, my brother is a robot and from what I learned from him is to never trust robots because they do not have any feelings.
Is your brother dating Claire Bennet then, by any chance? And is his sister Miley Cyrus's best friend? Could you introduce me? :D

What? Just asking...

Seriously though, probably a clone. It'd be pretty awesome having a clone to do stuff for me like revise and sit my exams, or do the housework I'm meant to be doing right now, while I sit back and relax :D.

Or, failing that, ideally I'd have a clone, but one born the same time as I am, with the Y chromosome replaced with another X one, so it's a female clone of me. A female version of me, with the same interests and quirks, plus my good looks (but in female form, so an attractive female)? Yes please!