Question of the Day, July 29, 2010

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Lego Mad Max... Or Fallout... or any post apocalypic franchise. The "pieced-together" look of most post-apocalypic franchises would suit lego perfectly...

EDIT:

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Assassin's Creed 1 and 2. There's something about their depiction of medieval cities that just seems like it was made for Legos. Also, it would make decapitation a lot more interesting.

I'd also play any Lego FPS.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Is the entire forum on a Starcraft high right now? It's really the only series with a recent release up there. Anyways, I think LoZ or Mario would be nice in terms of games, or in terms of movies/series, maybe Firefly?

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
In my opinion Starcraft still needs to be taken seriously for some time before they can make a lego version. Also, I wanna know how they would intend to make a lego version of a zergling. I vote for Resident Evil. You change the demographic and just make more money on the same thing.

Sallix

Apr 9, 2008
Discworld lego would be fantastic.

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy would also be awesome if it was legofied.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Mass Effect.
Someone already made a Lego Normandy, so that's some of the work done. Plus, I'd like to see how they do the conversations with the Lego people's mufflings.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
lwm3398 said:
Assassin's Creed
Its been done...
Not officially but by a guy who has a site full of Game and movie related lego that he designed and put together himself. Its really damn good.
Here [http://www.saber-scorpion.com/lego/assassins_creed_leap.php] is the page with his Assassins Creed stuff.

Mar 9, 2010
Fallout was made for things like this. I can't think of anything bad about having a Lego Fallout. The game might not be good but I'd buy the toys.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Discworld, definitely. Although lego Great Atu'in would have to be huge to get all the mini-figs on top.
coldfrog said:
In fact, I'd go so far to say that all I need is a Lego Luggage. Come on, who WOULDN'T want one of those?
Lego luggage would make me a ridiculously happy panda. As would lego death of rats.

VyperX

Jul 14, 2009
I'm not really all that into the franchise... But I think Lego Transformers would be a match made in heaven.

(Still voted for Discworld though... Guess why? :) )

Mar 30, 2010
I read the question on the homepage and thought to myself "I'll go and put forward the case that AvP should be Lego-ised, that'd be awesome!", then I came here to comment and saw the poll option that said "Discworld". I don't know who in The Escapist came up with that one but they deserve some kind of medal. I have since switched my vote to "Discworld" and eagerly await the kit where I can build my own scorpion pit, complete with Lego mime artist!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Starcraft or discworld for sure! They both could make great fun in terms of lego-ness!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
ultimateownage said:
None, turning stuff into lego is a stupid idea. Besides, how the hell do you lego-ise a book?
Lego Patrician, Lego Samuel Vimes, Lego Death, Lego Rincewind and the Mages...

Exactly the same as they did to Harry Potter. Discworld has had less out-of-paper experiences than HP (Pratchett isn't a media "double U-O-R" as Rowling), so it might be harder, but they could take material from the book covers and Kirby's drawings.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Proteus214 said:
Power Rangers...

yep...I would play that.
I like this idea. I wouldn't mind the discworld. I think. Only read one book, but I did like it. Starcraft wouldn't work IMO. It started as a game, I think it would lose something in translation. All you'd be doing is downgrading the graphics. Wheel Of Time, I've read half of them, like them, but it's too big and epic for lego. But I think power rangers would work really well. Hell, combine the universes and you could have a hub thing similar to LEGO Batman. Batman just had the three seperate "stories" (then the same three) but you could have a lot more. Either that or do a full Marvel game. Or DC. Something big.
But yes, excellent suggestion Proteus. I now want a LEGO Power Rangers.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Abedeus said:
ultimateownage said:
None, turning stuff into lego is a stupid idea. Besides, how the hell do you lego-ise a book?
Lego Patrician, Lego Samuel Vimes, Lego Death, Lego Rincewind and the Mages...

Exactly the same as they did to Harry Potter. Discworld has had less out-of-paper experiences than HP (Pratchett isn't a media "double U-O-R" as Rowling), so it might be harder, but they could take material from the book covers and Kirby's drawings.
There's also been two movies, three or four games, dozens of art-books, and plenty of other visual representations of the Discworld world. It wouldn't be that hard.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Interesting you should ask this question on the very same day I receive my beta invite to Lego Universe.