Question of the Day, July 31, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006

The Barrens will be destroyed in WoW:Cataclysm. No more Mankrik's wife, no more wide expanses of brown, and no more Chuck Norris jokes. Will you miss it? What will you miss the most?

Undeadpope

Feb 4, 2009
I will miss it in way,but that said I welcome a refreshing chance.

Though,as a member of the Alliance,my fondest memories will be the raids on crossroads,pre-BC and all.

Good times,good times.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
I haven't read much about Cataclysm. Why are they destroying the Barrens?

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
I never got the hate for the Barrens, my troll shaman has a lot of happy memories in that region, but then again mounts had been brought down to level 20 by then so maybe I didn't have the same experience of trudging from one end to the other.

That being said I think the new Barrens, and the new WoW in general, will be better.

AkJay said:
I haven't read much about Cataclysm. Why are they destroying the Barrens?
Generally because the area was loathed. It's now being split into two regions, one high level and one low divided by a huge valley of lava. Areas of it have a lot more jungle than sand now two, plus the alliance has a great foot hold there. Oh, and the Tauren have built a huge "keep out of my room" gate in front of the Mulgore, and some of the Horde settlements are in ruins.

Jun 26, 2009
Good riddance!
It was the hardest leveling zone for me.
I have annoying memories of calling upon my friends to help me, surprisingly everywhere else was pretty easy for me.

oranger

May 27, 2008
I remember the barrens, and getting bored to tears there. Though its nice to have such a massive open area available just to look at. Though most would disagree that the barrens qualify as eye candy. Reminds me of home *sniff*.
As beginner areas go, its pretty weak, unless you're a leather worker of course...otherwise the burning crusade low level areas are best, or the Forsakens' low level areas.
Ahem, wow, that was....really bad.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Iv only recently gotten into WoW so i have no idea what the Barrens are.
Though the thought of missing out on Chuck Norris Jokes makes me sad...

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Dont play WoW so no effect on me...although, sure some will miss it

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Excuse the pun but it is WELL AND TRULY BARREN now.

No one quests anymore because of that damn LFG system (they should disable it til you reach the level cap really but that's just me, being the squinty eyed old codger I am)

Any redesign to it is welcome.

I bet you first day of cataclysm the madness will begin once again, hell Im going to head over there asap just to make sure.
My when was the last time I typed /join general ?

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
The quests were pretty bad, its loot was average at best, Barrens Chat was obnoxious 67.42% of the time, and the Crossroads was raided by the Alliance every thirty minutes.

And after all that, I'll still miss it. Nostalgia, man. Nostalgia.

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
Contun said:
The quests were pretty bad, its loot was average at best, Barrens Chat was obnoxious 67.42% of the time, and the Crossroads was raided by the Alliance every thirty minutes.

And after all that, I'll still miss it. Nostalgia, man. Nostalgia.
My thoughts exactly.

Ithera

Apr 4, 2010
The Barrens wasn't that bad, the chat on the other hand.....
I really don't care to much. There may be things I miss from Wow, but the barrens will not be one of them.

ToAsTy McBuTTeR

May 27, 2009
The Escapist Staff said:

The Barrens will be destroyed in WoW:Cataclysm. No more Mankrik's wife, no more wide expanses of brown, and no more Chuck Norris jokes. Will you miss it? What will you miss the most?

you can destroy the land, you can delete the quests, you can even heighten the level cap, but you can NEVER NEVER NEVER get rid of the retarded, demented, sycophants that make terrible chuck norris jokes.