Question of the Day, July 9, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, July 9, 2010

EA, publisher of the upcoming MMO, APB, is starting a mini-reality series called "The Human Avatar." In this show, one real person will be chosen to be transformed - and your votes will determine exactly what they will be transformed to. Users will be able to vote on the person's tattoos, piercing, hairstyles and outfits. Would you ever let someone take complete control of your style?

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Never, ever. With the stupid looks people come up with nowadays, not to mention the denizens of 4chan lurking everywhere. There is no doubt in my mind that this will backfire.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
well ive never been the kind of person with a crazy style. Im the kind of person who wears either a graphic tee, or a polo, with either jeans or shorts(depeneding on weather) and a pair of converse high-tops.

so i don't know if i would care what the world would say, but i also don't know what they could say about my average look.

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
Sure, if they paid me enough. I feel like a couple million wouldn't be too much to ask to donate my body to the media.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
No. They must be either paying some poor sap a lot of money he may find wasn't worth it, or an attention seeker.

If you said "yes," pray that the guy doesn't get people like me calling in. >:D

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
No way.

When I see the stupid piercings, hairstyles and tattoos people chose to inflict on themselves, I really wouldn't want similar tastes inflicted on me.

Also, 9/10 times when I've watched a video of someone playing Saint's Row 2 or when I've joined them in multiplayer, I've though their character looks ridiculously garish and over the top, mainly because most people feel that they have to use something just because the game has provided it, no matter how inappropriate it is.

I'd sooner let my appearance be decided by a random number generator than actually chosen by people and their misguided sense of what's cool, 'badass' or fashionable... at least chaos has no agenda.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
My mother would LOVE if I did this since she's constantly threatening to put me on What Not to Wear. But nah, I like my t-shirts and jeans and being able to look pretty if I have to.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Well, the universe currently has 4chan existing in it. So on that basis alone, by the existence of /b/, it's a no from me...

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
Yeahh... No.

I'm just waiting for this person to walk out of the "makeover booth" or whatever with Frankenstein bolts out of his/her neck, boobs growing off of it's forehead, a penis for a nose and profanity tattoo'd all over it's body.

The Internet is far too frightening to give it THIS kind of control.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Probably not. I'm sure the general public wouldn't approve of my tattoos and my cut off denim jacket. Dude, I'm so totally punk rock

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Nope. I am, who I am, and no one, no matter how hard they can will change this

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Steven Colbert got goaded enough people into "voting" Elephants off the endangered species list? Mobs that do things for the Lulz are one thing, but I don't think I'm gonna let my body be thier canvas.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
No. I don't have self-esteem issues. Thats why i picked option nr 3. I know im the cutest, sexiest, awesome being on this and every other of worlds. I don't need a whole bunch of clearly inferior mortals telling me what i am already aware of.
Yes.
*cough*
Did i mention modesty as one of my virtues as well?

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
R O F L

No.

Eff the world and it's shitty taste in....almost everything.