Question of the Day, June 20, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, June 20, 2010

Ubisoft's games at this year's E3 look pretty slick. Which games can you not wait to get your hands on?

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Of the bunch, the new Screed is the one I'd most like to play. However, none of these make my "cannot wait to get my hands on" list.

AlexanderAstartes

Afternoon Delight
Jan 1, 2008
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood looked fun. AC2 vastly improved on AC1, and this looks to do the same again.

Despite not playing a lot of multiplayer games, AC multiplayer intrigued me as well.

R.U.S.E. is another Ubisoft game I'm interested to see released, especially if it's an RTS that works well on console and PC ;)

Feriluce

Apr 1, 2010
ultimateownage said:
None, all of Ubisoft's games (That I can remember) where uninteresting.
The prince of persia triology were by ubisoft. It doesn't get much better than that.

Also Assassins creed is by ubisoft. I enjoyed the second game there.

Semitendon

Aug 4, 2009
From the list given, I am not looking forward to any of Ubisoft's games. Ubisoft hasn't impressed me enough as a publisher, to the point where I would watch for their games specifically.

For example, Bethesda makes games, if they release a title I am unfamiliar with, I might still buy it, just because they made it.

Ubisoft hasn't made anything I liked that much.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Future Soldier looks absolutely awesome and the new Creed game looks pretty good too.
But it's Future Soldier.
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Excited about Ubisoft games? Surely, you must be kidding.
Well, that's a bit undeserved.
Even with their utter idiocy of a DRM, they're a pretty good developer with quite a lot of stellar franchises.
I mean, I don't want to say that you have to necessarily enjoy any of their games but that doesn't necessarily invite such hostility, does it?

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
I have the originals of silent hunter 4 and assasin's creed 2 here. I always loved them for their submarine simms that they made really good and must give them a 'tip of my hat' for because they aren't very popular with the main stream. But a BIG 'wag of the finger' for that DRM stuff they pulled. So no, not looking forward to any of them.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Rayman: Origins, because it's the first real Rayman game since No. 3, and I'm loving the art style. Child of Eden looked pretty cool, but it has the disadvantage of needed a peripheral which I have yet to start caring about. Otherwise, the rest is pretty much meh to me.

Also, why did the option for Child of Eden disappear?

paketep

Jul 14, 2008
Craving?. Trackmania 2.

Buying?. NONE AT ALL. Not until they remove that POS DRM. And then, and only then, we'll see.

Ravek

Aug 6, 2009
Ruse. I played the open beta for a week or two, and even with the jarring network bugs it was the best RTS by far since Company of Heroes, and one of the best games in the genre, period.

I'm still on the fence whether to buy it or not. I'm 100% I'll very much enjoy the game, but the DRM isn't looking too good.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
Assassins Creed Brotherhood doesnt interest me. Havent played the second game yet and this just seems like a game meant for multiplayer. Ghost Recon looks amazing but it doesnt look like it has much in the way of plot. The only thing that actually caught my interest, besides the Rayman reboot, was the Shawn White Skateboarding.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Furburt said:
I ain't buying any more Ubisoft games until they remove that horrible, intrusive DRM. Until then, they do not have my purchase.

Which is fine I suppose, because all of the games look pretty dull.
Thank you for getting my post out of the way.

Apr 28, 2008
Furburt said:
I ain't buying any more Ubisoft games until they remove that horrible, intrusive DRM. Until then, they do not have my purchase.

Which is fine I suppose, because all of the games look pretty dull.
I would like my words back now.

Granted I really, really want Child of Eden.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Shaun White Skateboarding, because I love skateboarding games. The DRM is the stupidest thing I've ever seen, but it wouldn't be on PS3, so meh...

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Since I play on PC, I'm most looking forward to them releasing Splinter Cell: Conviction. Until they remove the DRM, it's not actually released in a playable form.