Question of the Day, June 3, 2010

Sep 17, 2009
TheGreenManalishi said:
Tarantino. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
He is one of my favorites, but no, I don't like him for this one.

I think Del Toro should come back, or Jackson.

Or Scorsese! We need more gangsters in Middle Earth.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I'd like to see what Tim Burton could do with Gollum, but beyond that, I don't think he'd make a very good film. I don't know enough about directors to make any other choice.

Jun 11, 2008
PurpleLeafRave said:
Anyone other than James Cameron.
He'd probably try and sneak an orc sex scene in there...and their hair will become reproductive organs.
*Shudder*

Oooh! Look at the pretty 3D grass!
Well this may not surprise you to know then but his characters in Alien and Predator movies are based of reproductive organs. Guess which is meant to which?

TheGreenManalishi

May 22, 2008
Nautical Honors Society said:
TheGreenManalishi said:
Tarantino. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
He is one of my favorites, but no, I don't like him for this one.
I was joking, but after this post [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/6.199051.6519500], it made me think an epic fantasy with QT behind it would be awesome.

Shimoku

May 21, 2009
Don't make a movie of it. So yes, no one. Some books are good as they are without throwing money at moving pictures.

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
James Cameron, that would be intense.

If I remember correctly, Golem showed him that CGI had progressed far enough that he could do the work on Avatar. Hopefully he would remain faithful to the book.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Still Peter Jackson, he captured LotR's well, why not let him run around in the same universe?

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
Steven Spielberg is next on the list I would say, but really, Peter Jackson, no doubt.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Do NOT let Tim Burton anywhere near another person's body of work. Tim is only famous due to his orginal works, but almost every time he plays in another person's sandbox, he winds up pissing in it.

David Lynch........no. Just no. I would perfer NOT to have to be high in order to properly appreciate his version of the Hobbit.

Wes Anderson? Did you see the Royal Tenenbaums or his other dumb movies? Why is he in consideration?

Spielberg...eh. He could do it, but I just don't know.

And James Cameron.....same as Spielberg, he could do it, and do it well.

Wait, in fact Cameron has never had a bad movie. Like NEVER. Hell his first film, Pirahna 2 was better than the first Pirahna. Sure, let him do it.

Ewyx

Dec 3, 2008
I'd love to see D. Lynch. Granted, the thought of it is a cinematic indulgence. But he did prove he can make simple non-brainfuck film, with "The Straight Story", and that's one of the most awesome films ever.

But if he'd make the hobbit completely fucked up and 'Lynchy', that would be something I'd go see.