Question of the Day, June 9, 2010

Feb 18, 2009
Beat Hazard or Audiosurf. As a guitarist, I can't stand Guitar Hero as I can't be bothered to learn how to play the guitar in two different ways.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Gitaroo Man! As one might say.

Or Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! (2)

The spelling may be wrong on the last one, but if so, what the hey...

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
Beat Hazard because it's actually a game as opposed to pressing random buttons in order, but that's fun too. The combination of frequent updates, awesome art style, ability to play any song and a great variation of difficulty is fantastic. Plus blowing up stuff is fun as hell.

I'm actually really good at it too: I have a Survival Mode time of 1 hour 20 minutes. To be honest, I only died because I got bored and started to suicide myself repeatedly; the highscore in the world is like four hours and I can't be arsed to play that long.

Eyhren

Mar 26, 2009
Aylaine said:
[snip]
That looks really interesting, it's like they combined that crazy space shooter from the SNES with music! I'll have to give this a shot, but chances are I'll suck at it even if I love my music ahaha. ;O
If you like big lasers, and I mean really big lasers, then you'll love beat hazard. The faster and louder your music, the bigger your laser. As far as I can tell, there's no actual cap on it either so if you find a song loud and fast enough you end up with a laser bigger than the screen.

Subtle it ain't :p

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
Sex Rex said:
i DEMAND AN OPTION FOR wII mUSIC!
please, don't O.O'

anyway, I go for "other" with Audiosurf.
As it was already said: it's a shame it wasn't on the list :D

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Went with Guitar Hero because I don't care for rap/dance music, and Guitar Hero 1/2 had amazing songs, 3 had some good ones (Maiden, Metallica, Slayer), but after that (and pretty much all of the Rock Band games) they had horrible songs.

They need to make a Guitar Hero metal version, or just make one with the Brutal Legend soundtrack, or something along those lines before I'll but another though...

fun-with-a-gun

Jul 30, 2009
I don't think it's been said...

AMPLITUDE!!! Finger twitchy fun for hours completing Computer Controller on insane.