Question of the Day, March 18, 2010

bimbley

Jan 31, 2009
I'm pretty surprised that the no's aren't outnumbering the other answers. I'm 24, easily old enough for anything that might be restricted, but I really just can't be arsed finding my birthday when scrolling down to somewhere in the 70's, (or even 80's I guess, god I'm so old!) works.

Of course this site probably skews the results somewhat. I'd say the majority of Escapist regulars are older than the average internet user.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
I dont always put the right date into the age gate but Im 23 so it doesnt matter anyways. The age gate is just is just there so people can cover their own butts by saying theres inoppropriate material there and by entering the age gate you acknowledge that.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Yes I do, even though I am seventeen I am truthful, except in some cases, but most of the time I am truthful. besides most mature videos often are not interesting.

'Aredor

Jan 24, 2010
Although I'm old enough to get through with my real age, I'm just too lazy to bother picking the correct one: I just select any date that makes me old enough and off I go.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Sometimes, if I can be bothered to. See, I'm 19, so theoretically I should be allowed to watch whatever I want on the internet. So it doesn't matter what age I put as I'm not defrauding anyone or whatever by putting a different age. So when I feel lazy I just change the 'Year' box to something random that's before 1990 (my year of birth), like 1925 or whatever, because I can't be bothered to change everything.

If I'm not lazy though, then I always put my real date of birth in. It makes no difference either way...

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Nope. I always say i was born in February 31st, 1984[footnote]Hoh heh hoh, do you see what i did there?[/footnote]. Or February 29, if 31st does not work (most of the time it does).

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
I do not, ever, but that's just convenience... if it's something that sticks, I put my real age, if it's something I have to do just to watch a movie online, like gametrailers etc, then I just put an age into it that will get me access.

Egitor

Jan 28, 2010
I generally can't be bothered to enter my real date of birth to watch a video or something like that so I enter whatever is convenient. For registration on forums and user groups I do use my real birthday.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Sometimes.

January 1st, 1988
January 3rd, 1988

It all depends on whether or not I'm going to put the effort into clicking the mouse 2 more times for no reason. Sometimes I do though.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Huh, so far the results are fairly evenly distributed. Interesting. Yeah, I put my real age into the brackets, but seeing as I'm old enough anyway, it doesn't really matter. Sometimes I just pick Jan 1st 19xx to hurry up and get through it, but for the most part I do use my real age. Before I was old enough, I, of course, did not use my real age.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
More often than not, no.
I simple thing like the law isn't going to stop me from viewing mah over 18 material!

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
Nope... Almost never. I did when signing up here, but otherwise no. I actually made a new Youtube account because I was so sick of not being able to view some videos, just because the internet deems me to be three years too young to see blood...

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Sometimes. When I register on forum sites, like this one, I do, and I am 19 so it's not like I have to lie to view stuff. Other times, like on Steam where I have to put it in every time I want to look at some M rated game, I usually just switch the 'Year' box down to around 1980ish instead of changing all of them every time. Birthday is in late December, so the month/day are at the bottom on both and it gets annoying doing it every time.

leeloodallasmultipass

THE Fifth Element
Mar 23, 2009
i just change the year, changing teh month and day every time you want to view a video/site is plain batshit boring. So year is quick enough and i randomly change it to any year 21years+ seeing as im actually 21

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
Phenom828 said:
well I put in that I'm born in 1990. I don't care to specify my month and day...

Galad said:
also: First post! =P
Dude, beware the hammer....
What? It was my first time ever saying that and it's not like I posted a low content post =P

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
I don't, and even when I'm old enough to do it, I won't then. It's so much faster to enter a random date than it is not to.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Depending what the situation and site is.

I put it up on places I trust and places that I know are safe. But, if its possibly a liability Ill make it up