Question of the Day, March 21, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, March 21, 2010

What's the longest you could go without any internet access at all? (Assume you don't need it for school or work.)

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
A week shouldn't be too hard for me. A day would be normal. A month, though... no.

Aunel

May 9, 2008
as long as I want, or if you rephrase the question "live without computer" it will be longer, I have my bass notes on my computer damnit!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
No internet? Ha. haha. Hee hee heehee[sub]heeheehee[/sub][sub][sub]heeheehee[/sub][/sub]

I would go insane very quickly.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Well I managed 6 weeks while I was camping in Italy. It was fine till I got home and had nearly 1000 FB messages =/

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
A few hours. Meaning those hours I sleep.
Except when I leave my PC on to finnish downloading something.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
Considering most of my uniwork goes through the internet, a week before I started to fall behind seriously.

Excluding school, a month. I've gone that long before. I have quite a few singleplayer games to entertain myself with, and the 5 hours per day I spend online would do wonders for my guitarplaying. That said, I get all my news and such through the internet, so it'd be like living under a rock. Newspapers are great and all that, but quite expensive when you're already barely surviving with a student budget. The internet is great in that way; easy access to the rest of the world.

With enough money to buy new singleplayer games (assuming everything doesn't go over to Ubisofts Nazi-DRM), and a way to get news from the world, I could probably go without it for years. It'd take some time to adjust, but entirely doable. Would probably cave in when ME3 is released and I needed the DLC for it.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
I went without internet for a week when I moved house. I was able to use it for about an hour a day at work before work/during lunch. Would not like to do it again. Without using it at all? Gah, I'd barely last a weekend!

The_Decoy

Nov 22, 2009
Excluding uni work (and my part time job) I could go without pretty much indefinitely. I would need a tv though, and a licence, so that would suck. Internet is more like another way to waste time than anything else (such as now, when I'm supposed to eb doing a lab report...). Would also buy a PS3 most likely, only console I've got here is my wii.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Pretty much couldnt for too long, after all my job requires that i have pretty contanst source of news/discussions to follow on and internet is currently the best medium for it. Sure i could just buy 20 newspapers each day but that would be bit expensive.
For the pure 'entertainement' puproses however can get used to lack of it after day or two :p

ItsAPaul

Mar 4, 2009
Not using it for 5 days while on a cruise was pretty rough, though tbh a cruise with family should be 3 days tops.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Well, the longest I've been without the Internet ever since I started using it actively is one to two days... I think I might have a problem.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
we dont have internet at the vacation house and I'm usually up there for about a week at a time, going to spend my 9 day easter vacation up there, but if it was any other time or place i would probably be really cranky the first couple of days and either check into another hotel or go home at the fourth day.

i need my interwebs!

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
When my PC got fried in a power surge last summer i haven't used one for a week, than finally i had to use my dad's laptop, so there you go, a week without internet and/or PCs altogether.