Question of the Day, March 21, 2010

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
I normal go a few days without the internet when Im at my g/f place but i know that when I get home the internet will be waitin for me

-M

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I'm confident enough to say that if I could no longer use the Internet for the rest of my life I could do it. But I like to get online for at least an hour every day for my Facebook games and I usually drop between 2 and 4 hours on this site daily (yesterday I spent about 7 hours here).

j1-2themax

Jun 30, 2008
One week would be the absolute limit of my patience. After that, I'd start sneaking out for a few hours just to get my "fix."

batuea

Jun 30, 2009
odanhammer said:
I have lived in an age where there was no internet. I could go back to those days again.
This right here, I remember sitting in my room listening to radio and playing with my Lego's. but now days I would go bonkers, we had a huge storm a year ago, and our power was out for a week, so I went to the nearest functioning Starbucks and jacked the network. Oh and OP, read Dirk Gently much?

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Without the internet I could survive for maybe a week. I need the internet for news and shit. Plus I buy most of my models online since they're impossible to find elsewhere.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
If i really really tried maybe a week.
But the most i could do is a few days.
I haven't had home internet for about 6 months and just that is making me insane.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
I couldn't really pick one of the poll options. I'd like to think that, after about the first week, I wouldn't miss it anymore and would have learned to live without it. I'm pretty sure I could. I think I'm more attached to my cell phone. That being said, there are a loooot of people I'd lose connectivity with, mainly due to distance and their lack of a cell phone.

Malcheior Sveth

Jul 19, 2009
I usually take a couple weeks to a month in the summer to go without any electronics ever year, so I would say I could easily just drop it for the rest of my life.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I often take a month or two without the internet due to my school's fail IT department, so I think I could manage a year fairly easily.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
I could go a month before I realised T.V was shit and start craving internet again. How much do you guys bet that almost all of the "rest of my life guys" just said that because they are short minded, pretentious and don't realise just how many things are part of the internet these days?

darca

Dec 15, 2009
its weird, i cant think of anything vital on the internet i coudnt live without, yet the concept of giving up my internet access feels impossible..cant say what it is exactly that makes it vital to me..

skyfire_freckles

Jan 30, 2008
Oh, come on. If there was some kind of cataclysm that killed the internet, would any of you die? No! It would suck for quite some time, and then you'd get used to it. So yes, you could live the rest of your life without the internet.

However, if it was a matter of willpower versus temptation, I really don't know. I don't have access at work or from my phone. Only my home computer would be tempting. I'd like to say a week, but it depends on how much other stuff was going on.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
If I'm on vacation, away from home... I guess I could go about a month without the internet (I've gone three weeks, so I think I could do four). At home, however, with the entire web a few clicks away... Not a single day. Well, not unless there was a wager with huge amounts of money at stake... ;)

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I would like to "shut off" the internet for a week and see what would happen to civilization :)

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
I once had to spend about 2 weeks without the internet and I felt like I was going insane. So that's my breaking point.

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
Only if i have a lot of drugs to replace my internet addiction with, i could survive without it.

well, i guess i could also start reading books again...

I'd never give it up voluntary thats for sure

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
I was once without internet for an entire two weeks. I was still sane after that, but if it had been any longer I'd probably go insane.