Question of the Day, March 23, 2010

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Played WoW for a long time, then just got bored and quit. Now, I'm waiting on TOR.

smithy1234

Dec 12, 2008
I played World Of Warcraft... Until the free one month trial ran out, then I didn't want to pay for it and it now resides on top of my sports psychology textbooks.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
I used to play "The Realm", and I still have an account, but I just spend too much time on it, so I'm trying to cut back. I always prefer single-player games, I have more control on my playtime (whereas in a MMOGs, you're usually teaming up, talking to people, leaving isn't as easy as just saving and quitting).
My husband almost bought me World of Warcraft went it came out, and I told him no, I was too scared to get hooked.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Only when the PvP aspect is as important as PvE.

TheDirector said:
I play Champions and Runescape so pretty much yes, I enjoy me a good MMOG
You are either new or deluded, since Runescape is pretty much terrible, Champions only a bit better.

Jan 15, 2010
Abedeus said:

TheDirector said:
You are either new or deluded, since Runescape is pretty much terrible, Champions only a bit better.
I guess I am deluded then, if you could suggest me some MMOG's I'll be more then happy to look them up. Also I rather enjoy Runescape and Champions they both have enough appeal for me to keep coming back to them and most of my friends play them.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
After few years "wasted" on WoW, and a brief time in WAR, AoC and EvE im currently happly avoiding the genre till something that interests me comes out.
Currently waiting mostly for SW:TOR and The Secret World (if it will ever come out) and quite interested in how TERA might play out considering it seems to be a mix of mmog and brawler with direct control isntead just point and click.

The Undoer

Sep 13, 2009
I played WoW for 3 years... My total play time reached around, a year. Has to be said, being on a Roleplaying Server offers a lot of flexibility. Quit last year around november, still not on it. *wants to go back*

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
Every now and then, I guess. I recently took a break from WoW with the intent of eventually quitting due to my poor financial situation, but I ended up paying for one last month to chat with my guildies. I love those guys.

JeppeH

Nov 18, 2009
I have played 'City of Heroes' (and Villans) and 'Lord of the Rings Online'. What kept me going was fun story and being in a clan.
What made me quit was the stalling feeling of story and sensible things to do in the endgame.

Looking foreward to The Old Republic :) as I like the starwars univers.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
TheDirector said:
Abedeus said:

TheDirector said:
I guess I am deluded then, if you could suggest me some MMOG's I'll be more then happy to look them up. Also I rather enjoy Runescape and Champions they both have enough appeal for me to keep coming back to them and most of my friends play them.
Better than Runescape? Any.

Better than Champions? City of Heroes/Villains. Also it depends on what you like, but since Champions' PvP sucks and Runescape is filled with 7-year olds...

Yeah, anything is better, as long as it's P2P. F2P? Only Dungeons and Dragons Online is good.

zhemis

Mar 22, 2010
Ultima Online, for years and years. Would play again if I found a good roleplaying server. But they are either a good server, or a roleplaying server, rare to find both qualities. So I just wait.

Ehra

Mar 19, 2010
My first MMO was Dark Age of Camelot, which I still have fond memories of. Since then I've mostly played WoW and Guild Wars, although I've played a bunch of others (I love City of Heroes/Villains as well, I just don't have any friends that play it). I have a lifetime founder's account for Lord of the Rings Online, although I still check up with WoW a decent amount. I also log into Guild Wars every now and then.

Only new ones I'm really looking forward to are The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2. Had been looking forward to Warhammer Online, but that turned out to be...... less than I was hoping for.