Question of the Day, March 23, 2010

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I played Cybernations, dunno what that classifies as, until I realized how stupid and pointless it was, and how people take it WAY too seriously. Tried Fallen Earth with a free trial because it looked like Fallout 3, and it wasn't. Controls were horrible, among other things. Was thinking about trying out FFXI, but now waiting for FFXIV instead and see how that is...

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
I'm thinking of giving EVE a try, and The Old Republic is looking very, very tasty.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Taawus said:
Dungeons and Dragons Online. Woop woop.
This is the only one I've played.
It's actually really good for a free game.
I would like to try the Warhammer 40k one when it launches but I refuse to pay a monthly fee for a game.
ANY game.
One of the reasons I got a ps3 instead of a 360.

Jun 13, 2009
I'm an Ex-Runescape player currently finding it hard to decide whether to play Allods Online, Dungeons and Dragons Unlimited or Runes of Magic. All are fairly highly rated, even though a couple are WoW clones..

I would play WoW..except I don't have the money. Same reason I don't have Xbox Live.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
I played "World of Warcraft" for a time, but I got out because I was getting sick of it. The grinding was becoming tedious with little reward, the high-end content was out of reach because I didn't know a group of 39 people to raid with, and I just plain don't like pvp. That, and I didn't want to shell out $40 for an expansion just so my demon-slaying warrior could get his butt kicked by a snow pig.

I much preferred "City of Heroes" because the story was rich, it was very solo-player friendly, there was more customization and less grinding. I stuck with it for over two years (it helped that the "City of Villains" expansion was only $30 and had a free month), but quit a year ago because there just wasn't any new content coming out.

I tried "Champions Online" and had fun with it for a while but found it less solo-friendly, the story/setting didn't take itself seriously at all, and it just ran out of content in the first month (which is really bad for an MMO).

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I went for 'every now and then'. I don't currently play any - I've done the WoW free trial a couple of times and actually bought the disc to install and get going properly, but something went wrong with my account and I was unable to do anything with it. Also tried Final Fantasy XI but, despite being a big FF fan in general, I just couldn't get into it. I'd definitely like to get properly into WoW, but I simply can't afford a pay-to-play MMO right now.

In terms of free-to-play: I tried Runescape for a while but couldn't get on with it. Might give it another try, be a bit more patient with it, etc. I've considered things like Shaiya and Fiesta Online but just haven't really got around to it yet.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
I recently started Atlantica, knowing full-well that it was for all the wrong reasons:

The banner-ad had a non-playable, non-creatable generic hot chick with a leather thong, a leopard-skin bikini and Wolverine claws.

So I laughed at the overwhelming overdose of clichés.

Then I downloaded the client...

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Kollega said:
Nope. And probably won't.
I agree. It doesn't really interest me in any way what so ever. Furthermore I like my Single-player games and a lot of the time my favorite multi-player is split-screen multi-player.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Nope. I used to, but I could never get past level 10 before I got bored in most.

Harper Hisoka

Mar 22, 2010
[Sometimes] Normally I play WoW, but I've been known to hop from WoW, Champions Online, Aion and Sword of the New World. Lately I've been attracted to really (realistic?) high end graphics for games, which is why I'm going to be adding FFXIV and Tera to my list of trials (possibly gameplay) once they come out.

I don't have that much money, so its only one game a month at a handful of months (1-3) a year. Maybe more, but no too likely. I used to game more during school times though.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I played the WoW free trail for about two days untill I got bored out of my skull.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
All mmorpgs are all the same in my book. Boring, repetitive to death, days of grindfest, waste of time and money. Cash cows for the devs.

I already played a bunch of them, saw the same patterns repeat themselves over and over between different titles. Disliked them all.

However i wish one MMorpg could be actually good.. but its really unlikely imho. They all follow the same basic core ideas with the occasional cosmetic/gameplay/theme difference. ANd even with all the choices, its just more of the same wheverer you look on the market.