Question of the Day, March 4, 2010

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
There should be an "I enjoy them the first time around, but after that I skip" option.

'Cos that's pretty much what I do.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I love cutscenes! I don't get the hatred for them these days. But I do the same thing many posters above me do: Watch them all the first time around, only watch the good ones every subsequent time.

teh_n00b_root

Sep 5, 2009
First playthrough yes.. second no.. They only (usualy) get a second playthrough from me if there not heavily story based.. Once ive played throught an rpg they just bored me after that.. however things like CoD, Halo and GoW ill just skip cutsceens after first playthrough..

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
I watch cutscenes first time through, no matter what it is.

After that I just say screw it.

tetron

Dec 9, 2009
I always watch cutscenes. For the story and whenever I skip one I feel kinda lost for a little bit. I've skipped a cutscene before and found myself in a completely different setting and was like ok wtf am I doing here ?

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
First time through? Every single one. More than once? Only if it's particularly awesome... or a story based game.

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
I always do. I usually play a game for the story as well as gameplay.

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
i'll watch them the first time around (well except for some reason in saints row2)
but the 2nd time around i'll only watch those that are interesting (or unskipable)

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
Where is the option for, "Not the second time around, unless they're cool"?

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
I always watch them on a first play through, no matter the length or quality. Second time around, depends how long and good they were from the first play through. I always watch the Starcraft cutscenes every time I play through that game :) maybe that's just nostalgia though...

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
I'll never skip a cutscene the 1st time through playing a game but I'll generally skip them after the 1st playthrough when I know what's going to happen.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
Rex Dark said:
On my first time playing a game I always watch every cutscene, mostly I watch them on playthroughs after that too, unless they're really boring.
The most scenes of Bayonette are an excellent example.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
It's handy to know what the Hell is going on.

And it seems that only a handful of games can convey that without relying on them. (And most of them are made by Valve, oddly enough).

Brother Pain

Dec 17, 2008
Always watch them all the way through the first time, or if they're epic enough. If I've watched them several times already, I tend to skip though.

Xaryn Mar

Sep 17, 2008
First time through a game: Yes
If the story is good or it has been a long time since I played the game then I will watch them again.