Question of the Day, March 7, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, March 7, 2010

Gaming and zombies go together like peas and carrots, but which undead are your favorites?

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Dead rising, Although I may be hurting my zombie 'purist' roots by voting so, the slower, the louder, is the scariest imo.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Where's House of the Dead? Played tonnes of that on the Dreamcast. Plus a local pub used to have HOTD 3 with the shotguns on the machine. Awesome.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Dead Rising for me. Slow, stupid and in huge numbers is what defines zombies. And they're scary that way.

Racistman3d

Jul 6, 2009
Dead rising is the best on that list, but no zombie game will ever compare to typing of the dead.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Only really come across Resident Evils Zombies, so it's them for me. Yes this means I didn't enjoy Left 4 Dead and I never played Dead Rising.

HotFezz8

Nov 1, 2009
NAZI ZOMBIES ON COD 5!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!! nothing quite like nazi zombies for fun group activities

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
I'm going with L4D, because the only Resident Evil game I liked was 4.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Plants vs Zombies zombies are the best. Both slow and fast, they got the moaning right on and able to read/write, not only running and yelling...adn they really must be the only zombies in a game that hasn't been accused for being rascist...or maybe they are rascist, against green martians..?

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Dead Rising, the way zombies should be! Slow, stupid, and primarily for my amusement!

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Deofuta said:
Dead rising, Although I may be hurting my zombie 'purist' roots by voting so, the slower, the louder, is the scariest imo.
PayJ567 said:
Dead rising, Slow and Stupid. the way zombies should be. How can you run if you are rotting?
Chipperz said:
Dead Rising, the way zombies should be! Slow, stupid, and primarily for my amusement!
As I'm PS3 I'll take your words for it. I'll also see dead rising 2 for myself.

OT: I picked resi.

thatlaurachick

Aug 12, 2009
I like zombies that don't exist.

For some reason zombies creep me out, and I won't play games where they are the main enemy. Don't try to explain it, I know I'm alone on this.

My sig: "Zombies?! Why'd it have to be zombies! I HATE zombies."

Interference

Feb 14, 2010
I've absolutely loved Left 4 Dead. Before it I mostly shied away from multiplayer but it's engaging and fun co-op has finally gotten me properly into multiplayer, even if I'm a bit shite..

As for Resident Evil, it's deviated away from zombies in recent iterations. Resi 1 to 4 were pretty good, with the occasional niggle insofar as difficulty went, but Resi 5 is pure, unbridled hell from chapter 4 onwards. My GOD I hate that game. It lulls you into a false sense of "Oooh, this is quite good! Fun, even! And co-op!" before throwing you head first into the most ridiculous, bland, irritating levels and boss fights imaginable.

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
killing floor. I know there technically not zombies...but anything called a specimen that comes and hordes and can vomit acid or walk on walls are, to me, zombies.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Half-Life 2's zombies all the way. Maybe they fall more under monster than zombie, but who ever bothered to define what a zombie is?

Anyway, they are my favorite kind of zombie because I only ever played two games (series) with zombies in them. One is Half-Life, and the other is Prototype.