Question of the Day, March 7, 2010

Kingemoney

Dec 5, 2009
Out of these, the only one I've actually played is Dead Rising, so I voted for that. I love zombie games, but I'm pretty much forced to ignore the Left 4 Dead games on account of their multiplayer focus. I don't have a good gaming PC, and my Xbox friends are the MW2 and Halo-only types of players...

Feb 13, 2008
Not a gaming one really, but the Discworld undead are the superior ones IMHO, just for being more personable.

Although I'd be lying if I didn't say the Cholo Zombies and the Vashta Nerada's didn't edge very close :)

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Dammit guys what RE are you refering to. The 0-3 + side games or the Majin of 4 and 5? Or the RE1 remake with the Crimsonheads.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
therandombear said:
Plants vs Zombies zombies are the best. Both slow and fast, they got the moaning right on and able to read/write, not only running and yelling...adn they really must be the only zombies in a game that hasn't been accused for being rascist...or maybe they are rascist, against green martians..?
I agree, they have giant robots.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I said Left 4 Dead despite my favorite game ever being Resident Evil 4. The reason being is because in 4 they weren't even really zombies and because 5 was mediocre and a bit frustrating. And those are the only two I've ever played...

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
L4D. Non stop non boring action. I hate zombie horror, everyones done it. But suprisingly not enough blow the shit out of them and run like hell ones. Non that I found. Except for Doom where there was the odd zombie soldier/demon thing.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
I prefer the zombies of Left 4 Dead. They might not be that strong, but* I just find them far more intimidating than all other zombies.

[sub]*I just remembered how much damage those bastards do on Expert.[/sub]

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
The only definitive zombies for me come from movies, not games. Although the one game that does have memorable zombies for me is Doom. [/nostalgic gerrymandering]

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
I'll go with the House of the Dead series (omitting "The Typing of the Dead"; it's just silly) as so few lightgun games are made anymore (especially for consoles) and the recent HoD: Overkill was just a lot of fun to play through.

Honorable mention goes to "Dementium: The Ward" on the Nintendo DS. Playing that with headphones, in the dark, is piss-your-pants-scary; can't wait for the sequel to come out.

razbuten363

Jun 23, 2009
I voted L4D as my girlfriend plays said game for the firdt time in a month. Weird this is the question today of all days.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
For a game, I vote for Left 4 Dead's zombies, because the Special Infected encourage cooperative play. For movies and books, I prefer slow zombies, but Dead Rising`s zombies aren`t appropriate to cooperative play. Slow, headshot-only zombies that have faster reaction times would make a great co-op game, since you need to be ready to fight off huge waves or just run away.

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
I'm torn between Plants vs Zombies and House of the Dead. But it does plant me firmly in the catagory of "Other".

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Hybrid Sight said:
Dead Rising. I've always preferred the shambling, kill-by-sheer-number kinda zombies.
I've been saying this for years. Those things in 28 Days Later, or Left 4 Dead? Call them Infected, or whatever, just don't call them zombies because they AREN'T.

The true horror of zombies comes from the never-stop, never-end wave of former humanity. Besides, how can you sprint if your legs are falling off? You MIGHT be able to in the first hour or so of reanimation, but what happens after two hours? A day? A week?

On Topic: I voted Dead Rising. Resident Evil would've gotten the nod had they not gone the "Infected" route.