Question of the Day, May 8, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, May 8, 2010

Nintendo titan Satoru Iwata recently told his chief executives that the iPad and iPhone were the "enemies of the future." Some may read this as a mere statement of who the competition is, we like to think of it as a statement of global market domination. In a world run by conglomerate giants, who would rule the world?

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
In 2012, Apple will hold its biggest conference ever. It will introduce their new groundbreaking technology that will affect everyone in the world... and they will announce that they are officially changing their name to Skynet.

Professor M

Jul 31, 2009
Hubilub said:
In 2012, Apple will hold its biggest conference ever. It will introduce their new groundbreaking technology that will affect everyone in the world... and they will announce that they are officially changing their name to Skynet.
I can realistically see that happening

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
AsthmaticPsycho said:
Hubilub said:
I can realistically see that happening
And that is why we must all fear Apple.

FEAR THEM!

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Doesn't Microsoft already own the world?
Haha cliched anti-corporation mentality...

But they probably could buy a large portion of it.

Edit: Exxon has a better chance than any of these companies.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Google. They are everywhere, from internet browsers and e-mail clients to OSs.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
Hubilub said:
The question is: Will Christian Bale come through for us?

Or will he prance around in tights...with his "boy wonder"?

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Google - "don't be evil" is obviously not the kind of idea a corporation would stick to.

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
A few years ago it'd have been Microsoft. But we're steadily ruddering away from that apocalypse towards a few other, unknown ones.

Google's on the fast track at the moment to become the new subliminal messaging-based superpower.

TheGreenManalishi

May 22, 2008
Once everybody crumbles and adopts the use of Sony's arbitrary software and hardware formats, the world will be as good as theirs!!

Maybe not, but it worked for Apple. Everyone has a PC... yet everyone uses iPods? I never understood it.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Totally Microsoft...
For pure evil and the fact that the other companies don't have their claws in so deep in the workings of nearly every company out there in any field.