Question of the Day, November 10, 2010

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I want it but only as a fun extra on the side... If they spend too much time on it like most modern shooters it hurts the overall experience by diminishing the singleplayer experience...<.<

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Not all games need multiplayer. It should be carefully considered what your game is about and planned out early to decide if you need multiplayer or not and then designed around this. As such, flaky multiplayer that is not well developed should not exists and games that revolve around a single player story should remain singleplayer by the same token that games that focus on multiplayer don't need to flaky singleplayer mode.

Rewold

Mar 18, 2010
I don't mind small mp components in sp games. Like the mp in brotherhood sounds cool. As long as it doesn't hurt the sp that is.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
You kinda need it in some games, but not at the expense of single player. Seriously, developers, 5 hours campaign is NOT a good game when you pour at least 10 times that into multiplayer.

And another thing, some games SHOULD NOT have mulriplayer. BioShock 2, for instance. And I hear they are putting multiplayer on Dead Space 2. Yes, I'll still buy that one, but woe to EA if the cut corners in single player to make room for it.

Wolfrug

Feb 11, 2009
Obligatory other: COMPETETIVE multiplayer is not needed for everything, not in the least. In fact, it often removes something from the game. COOPERATIVE multiplayer on the other hand is something I think almost any game benefits from, however this online play is realized. You worded your options a little stupidly, otherwise I would've polled differently.