Question of the Day, November 19, 2010

Elissa Wakeland

Nov 19, 2010
disappointed... I am sure I will like it later on after the shock dissipates.... but as a true HP fan... the change from book to movie made it hard to watch without being distracted.

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009
After a fangirl in my class started talking about Harry Potter homosexual fanfiction with the other girls in my class, during class, I have never been able to see a single Harry Potter-movie, or read a single book. It's just that traumatising.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
Saw it at midnight, yeeeeeaaaaah!

I kind of stopped caring about Harry Potter after the last book came out, but... this movie was fantastic.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
After the good reviews I've read/anecdotes from friends I am definitely going to go see it - I need to finish off the cultural phenomenon that HP was.

Aug 25, 2009
I'm going to see it at some point, but I have no interest in it.

I used to lvoe Harry Potter, up until the third movie I was brimming with excitement when they were due to be released. I waited for days for the books to be released, I watched and rewatched the videos of the first two movies.

And then the third movie came out.

I hated it, largely as I've said before because of Emma Watson's performance in it, but also because it was the one that took the most liberties with the story, tried to use clever CG to tell a story instead of relying on the actors, and even if they had relied on the actors, as aforementioned, it would probably have made it worse for me.

Since then for me the Harry Potter movies have been spiralling into a downward stream of disappointment to the degree that I can no longer even summon a modicum of excitement for them. I am watching them now for the same reason that I continued collecting the Star Wars books until the Legacy of the Force series ended and I chucked the whole lot away. I'm an obsessive collector of things, and when I start something I'm damn well going to finish it. I've been reading the HP books and watching the mvoies since I was 8, and I'm not going to stop just because they are some of the worst things ever. I seriously put the Harry Potter 6 movie down with Twilight in my list of annoying shit I hate.

I'll finish the movies out, and then I will do my best to forget they ever existed.

And pray daily that Emma Watson dies in a horrific fire.

Nyquisted

Nov 18, 2010
I've got the near to midnight showing today!
I'm quite interested how they are going to manage splitting the book in two without butchering it.

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
Tried to book it for a reasonable and convenient time this week, but it had sold out. So I'll book it for next week. Should be good.

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008
Missing a "Waiting for DVD/BluRay release".

I stopped watching them in theaters after Prisoner of Azkaban, in part because of dodgy acting, but mostly just because something about the scene where Daniel Radcliffe's face takes up the entire screen and screaming his Patronus' charm thing, just kind of turned me off it.

It's not that I dislike Radcliffe, that scene just... I don't know, it getting blown up to the size of a massive theater screen just didn't work for me, somehow.

I have watched all of them so far, though, and I've read all the books, which I quite like.

I do feel that the movies suffer from the usual missing bits and pieces though. Having read the books it's just not quite right.

But I guess that can be attributed to every film based on a book.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
It came out today, literally, in the UK, and it's early evening (quarter to six) here at the moment. There are three screenings left today that aren't fully booked at my local cinema, and the earliest of those is half past ten tonight (screenings are starting roughly every half an hour there), which shows how busy it is. I actually have another tab open right now to book tickets to pick up at the cinema for the half-ten screening tonight, so I'll be seeing it then. Trouble is I have to wait, because I was going to go with a friend who apparently can't make that screening, so I'm waiting for him to text me back regarding his plans for tonight :p.

So regarding the original question, I've not seen it yet but my answer will be diferent in roughly six or seven hours time...

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Neptunus Hirt said:
I'll probably never watch this movie. My interest in the Harry Potter franchise died years ago.
Same story here. I saw the first one in a cinema I think. Maybe the second too.

I stopped reading the books around the 4th installment because they started to lose my interest. I've never seen any movie past the second.

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
I am so tired of this series, I read all the books and saw most of the movies and then realized I didn't like it...

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
I'm actually going to the theater tonight but it's not playing until later, and at a different theater, so it's either Due Date, RED, or Unstoppable.

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
Where's the option for "I just saw it earlier today"? Because I did. 10 AM showing. Now where's my option?
John Funk said:
Were you in those opening crowds?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I really want to see it but life keeps getting in the way. I'm sick, I've got tons of shit to do...

I'll just have to wait :(

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
I've read somewhere that there is going to be a kissing scene with Harry and Hermione. Obviously, they screwed the books more than I thought. And here I thought Harry Potter movies already became bad...oh well.
Although I found the first two to be enjoyable.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Bloodstain said:
I've read somewhere that there is going to be a kissing scene with Harry and Hermione. Obviously, they screwed the books more than I thought. And here I thought Harry Potter movies already became bad...oh well.
Although I found the first two to be enjoyable.
I won't spoil anything...but that's actually fine :p