Question of the Day, November 22, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, November 22, 2010

Today is the last day you have to win a real-life working replica [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105438-You-Have-Four-Days-Left-to-Win-This-Halo-Reach-ATV] of Halo's Mongoose ATV from Mountain Dew. If you could have any vehicle from the Halo series to drive in real life, which would you choose?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Obviously, a Pelican Dropship.
I've been waiting to fly one since the first game, and they never gave me the chance ;~;
I feel betrayed ;~;
Although, I did fly one on Garry's Mod. Not as good as the real thing, but it helps.

Mar 30, 2010
Sabre, blatantly. I know it's be kinda hard to recreate a working starfighter, but one of the poll options is 'alien hover bike', and if that's allowed I want my Sabre!

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Banshee, hands down. That thing would be so awesome to have in real life.

Comma-Kazie

Sep 2, 2009
A Phantom dropship--all of the alien awesome of a Banshee with heavier firepower and prolonged spaceflight capabilities.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
Greyfox105 said:
Obviously, a Pelican Dropship.
I've been waiting to fly one since the first game, and they never gave me the chance ;~;
I feel betrayed ;~;
Although, I did fly one on Garry's Mod. Not as good as the real thing, but it helps.
never done it myself but as I understand it theres a way to fly a pelican in reach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saQB2VhzVU4

but in reallife ... either the warthog or a ghost ... I picked ghost in the pole

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Warthog. They're so much fun to drive in-game... and WETA made a working model with the four-wheel steering and everything, so it actually is possible to drive authentically. (And, as one Bungie employee found out, it's possible to crash authentically too. Fortunately, it's built Halo 1 'Hog-tough.)

-- Steve

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
The tank: some days in Detroit traffic, you just want one.
"You can call me Sheila!"

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
ATV and Warthog are potentially realistic goals. I choose Banshee, because that would be awesome.

TheTaco007

Sep 10, 2009
Banshees! Fast and low!

Seriously, who the hell wouldn't want to tear through the sky in that thing? Rain fuel rods on everyone, flip around upside down, etc.

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
Banshee....duh. A personalized and compact air craft with a never ending power supply, boost capabilities, and plasma turret? No competition.