Question of the Day, November 3, 2010

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
IckleMissMayhem said:
Other: Saints Row 2. Although now I've read the question fully, I've realised why it isn't one of the options. I picked it because it isn't a dark, depressing-type game... oops.
You didn't think it was dark?

Sure, it was a crazy, often hilarious game, but it had its dark moments.

The monster truck scene, anyone?

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
innocentEX said:
saints row II
It's good to see some love for Saint's Row over this thread! I really enjoyed both Saint's Row games (even with their horrific handling of the PC port of II).

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I gotta admit, whoever made this poll really dropped the ball not including Saints Row 2.

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
[HEADING=2]Gary. Fucking. Busey.[/HEADING]​
Well, sir; It is hard to argue with that kind of logic. :-D
Gary Busey is friggin hilarious!

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
IckleMissMayhem said:
Other: Saints Row 2. Although now I've read the question fully, I've realised why it isn't one of the options. I picked it because it isn't a dark, depressing-type game... oops.
Carlos being dragged behind a Brotherhood truck by a chain, before being euthanised by the protagonist.
Aisha's decapitation.
Shogo Akuji being BURIED ALIVE. You then impale his father with a katana, pinning him to a burning boat as it blows up and sinks.
Murdering Maero's girlfriend.

Hell, a lot of that was heavier than I've seen in most "MOAR GRIT" games I've played.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Seriously, why is Saint Rows 2 NOT on the list? It has everything that made GTA: vice city and san andreas great, and much more ;)

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Grand Theft Autos. No doubt.

I've tried Saints Row 2, and it was plain awful.

Mar 30, 2010
The GTA series takes it for me. The only one I haven't played to death is GTA IV, and I've still given that a good battering. I was quite fond of the original Mafia as well, although I haven't got around to playing 2.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
I'm hoping there is a rap song in Rockband so that I can say Rockband and not be making stuff up.

If not then ummm... Mafia 2 had pretty trees so I guess that? But really those trees are my second favorite part of the genre after Rockband.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
How was Saint's Row not put in there? It's got more cool stuff than GTA and is just more fun...because i can actually drive the vehicles.

Wutaiflea

Mar 17, 2009
I loved the early GTAs, right up until Vice City (which I loved, but sadly, it hated me), but since then, it's Saint's Row 2 all the way. The ability to be a chick with hot pink hair, pasties, a g-string and stripper boots transcends even my love of 80s retro.