Question of the Day, November 3, 2010

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Crackdown, just because it is a fun non serious game to play and I didn't like GTA 4 as much.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
The poll should have included Saint's Row 2 instead of Crackdown, because apart from being an excellent game, you actually play a gangster and have a gang, as opposed to Crackdown where you play a lone law enforcer.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Saint's Row 2 easy. The game is just so damn fun. Bike + sword nuff said.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Last gen I would say GTA (San Andreas to be specific) but this gen I would have to say Saints Row 2.
In both cases they're a little less gangster and a little more gangsta'.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
For me, its gotta be Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. I just love everything about that game, from the story and characters, to the pretty colours and awesome music. Pure awesome in a box, and easily one of my favourite games for the PS2.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Saint's Row easily, then Crackdown just because you put it in there...

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Grand Theft Auto IV (w/ DLC) if I'm brutally honest. I did like the earlier games but now IV is out, the older cities feel too small, III and VC are crippled by bugs and issues and San Andreas just doesn't entice me like it used to.

Saints Row 2 would be up there, but PC support was seriously lacking and it felt too short, not to mention that the gameplay wasn't the greatest. I'd put it on par with the GTA III era games in terms of my like of them.

Driver? Nah, I think that the brilliance of Driv3r was never capitalised on (Not played Parellel Lines, so take that with a grain of salt) and as such, for me, it's out of the running. The next game in the series (San Francisco) goes away from what could have been a great direction for the series, one that could have brought it back into the running. I have fond memories of Driv3r, but I think it was more rose tinted specs than anything.

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
Mr Thin said:
IckleMissMayhem said:
Other: Saints Row 2. Although now I've read the question fully, I've realised why it isn't one of the options. I picked it because it isn't a dark, depressing-type game... oops.
You didn't think it was dark?

Sure, it was a crazy, often hilarious game, but it had its dark moments.

The monster truck scene, anyone?
that was dark??...i was in my room screeming AWWW SHIT HE JUST F#%!^$ THAT B!7#& UP...AWWWWW....i went Xbox live 14 year old during thoes ....first game in a long time i was laughing so hard at when something just completly badass happened or had my :O face on for....that and when fable 3 made fun of Fable 2's endening....i laughed

Sampsa

May 8, 2008
Godfather 1 with Godfather 2's Don's view would have been such a badass, but because that wasn't the case Mafia gets my vote.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
innocentEX said:
saints row II
cainx10a said:
Seriously, why is Saint Rows 2 NOT on the list? It has everything that made GTA: vice city and san andreas great, and much more ;)
Mr. Omega said:
I gotta admit, whoever made this poll really dropped the ball not including Saints Row 2.
Mr Thin said:
innocentEX said:
Superior Mind said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
It honestly astonishes me that you forgot this game. I saw the question and it was the first thing I thought of.
I have nothing to say so I'll just nod my head in agreement...How was the first by the way? Never tried that one.