Question of the Day, October 22, 2010

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Surprisingly, yes.

Back when I played RuneScape (yes, I did used to play that abomination of an MMO... its put me off the entire genre since XD), I met some dude called Rob... I found out that he had Asperger Syndrome, like me, and I suggested he come to Autscape (a sort of convention for people with Autism/Asperger Syndrome that my mother organised at the time).

Thus, we met :p

He was pretty cool ^_^

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
Would be cool to actually meet them, but due to the fact that most of them are in a different state or country, so having a little get-together is a little more complicated.

just ban me

Sep 19, 2010
I have met several girls online I met as friends and dated.It didn't work out but we remain friends all the same

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
I used to play a web-based mmo, joined a clan and met a group of people and we got on really well. We moved to another online game a few years later. I went to Amsterdam with a friend for a weekend and one of the guys I gamed with came for a meet-up and some beers.

Was weird meeting someone who at most I had only teamspeak/msn'd face-to-face but we'd definitely meet up again.

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
Met some of my closest friends through an old message board I used to be registered to, before bands decided to stop having official websites and resort to only using MySpace. Wouldn't change it for the world!

One of them once found me at a gig in London. He randomly came up to me and asked me if I was Em and if my username was whatever it was. It was very odd until he told me who he was!

Wouldn't change it, but still as hesitant about meeting up with people unless I'm totally comfortable and we've talked for AGES and with voice chatting as well as text.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
every so often we get together for a beer, realise we all miss our computers, and go home!

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
Yes, I've met two. For one, it turned out to be great. For the other, awful. I knew she was lesbian beforehand, which didn't bother me, until she starting coming on to me. Then, it was awkward...>.>;

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Had a pretty sweet weekend camping in a field with some of my online friends.
Would definitely do it again.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Several times, within a few different circles of online friends. Enjoyed them all immensely.

-- Steve

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Not yet, but I really would like to travel and meet all of my closest friends in person.
D'awwwwwww *hugs*

I recently went to see my girlfriend.

Best. Week. Ever.

Loremaster P

Nov 23, 2009
Yes several times i've met wow guildies, and actually going over to England in a few weeks time to party like a crazy man with the same guildies :D

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
FargoDog said:
Marter said:
FargoDog said:
Nope, but hopefully I will some day.
So very much of this.

The person I quoted is one of the ones I'd like to meet as well.
This concerns me as I have no idea who you are.

[sub][sub]I kid, I kid. The feeling's mutual :)[/sub][/sub]
There are a few around here I would meet if I could. One of them is actually just a long drive away :)

[sub][sub]Lets have a party one of these days :D[/sub][/sub]

Manicotti

Apr 10, 2009
I met my first and third girlfriends after meeting them online. They have now blacklisted me mostly because they could and got tired of me.