Question of the Day, September 1, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, September 1, 2010

At the "Super Vs. Battle" tournament in London this past weekend, legendary Street Fighter player Daigo "The Beast" Umehara was awarded a Guinness World Record for "Most Consecutive Tournament Wins" - 15 national and international tournament victories in a row. Which game series would you want to win a Guinness World Record in? What would the achievement be? What would your "pro-gaming" nickname be?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I don't even know where to begin answering this question...

I mostly stick to single player games, but I'd like a world record in Team Fortress 2, even though I don't play it anymore. For something related to the Pyro class. Like most players set on fire in a single match. Or something.

My nickname would be "Onyx". Duh.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Judas Iscariot said:
I really dont know... So I will go for the funny answer!

Name: Judas Iscariot
Game: Rapelay
Achievement: Most consecutive forced abortions.

Just imagine when people are reading the records then stumble upon that. Would be hilarious just to see their reactions.
hahahaha! I voted for starcraft, but I want to change my vote to this! Pure gold :D

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
fallout-2ing, the only game i have played for longer than WoW, i think i deserve some sort of medal or price, heck i own 3 copies just so that in any case of emergency i can play it.

when the apocalypse happens i will be in my basement roleplaying that the apocalypse happened, and it will be glorious.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Donkey Kong. Out of those is probably had the biggest impact on games today. Hell, it started Mario. Why not be the best at it?

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Nobi-Nobi Boy - it's practically begging for some kind of record!

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Fastest run through Super Mario Bros. 1.

I'm fairly adequate, but apparently I crumble under pressure.. Grr..

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Halo 3: ODST for the longest game Firefight game ever played in a single sitting. It'd be around the 25 hour mark, I reckon. I'd be called Marathon Man.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
At one point I held a few DPS world records for my class in World of Warcraft, but they get broken so quickly that Guinness would never record them. It's just nice to know that at some point I was the best in the world at something.

And yes, I already do have a "pro" gaming nickname: Rox.

Pepepipipopo

Feb 22, 2008
KOF 98 World Champion :D ... Why?, Because its the only "multiplayer" game I've ever been good at
Nickname : I am not Jorge.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
Probably something in Tf2. Highest score difference? I dunno, I usually double the closest person's score, I might be on the way.

SteakHeart

Jul 20, 2009
Left 4 Dead 2. Fastest time to singlehadedly take down a Tank.

Nickname: The Steak.