Question of the Day, September 25, 2010

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Dragon Age:Origins. I love the Tavern Brawl so much,I'm listening to it LOOPED. Have a link...
http://www.youtubeloop.com/v/17iacDJdRFU

Lma0nade

Jul 25, 2010
Portal.

Not because of still alive, but because of the OTHER ambient sound tracks that play through the game

Beautiful T_T

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
I don't know if it's recent enough, but one of my favs must be named:

Black Moon Chronicles OST !

BMC - 07 Rahm

BMC - 04 Order of Light
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTrt84hXsgs

BMC - 03 Paladin Lux Perpetua
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_IcWFky3OM

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
Portal, I can't get "Still Alive" out of my head for the life of me and that only happens if it's a good song.

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
Portal, of course. But I actually chose Katamari Damacy. It's one of the very few video games with music awesome enough to put on my regular playlist.

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
Out of the Main choices, Probably Portal, I love the song Still Alive. Though to be honest I regrettably haven't had much experience with the other games (I'm PC only).

However other games have had what I consider to be better music:

For Fun factor: The Battlefield Heroes theme, I can NOT stop whistling it, it suits the game really well.

For Epic Factor: The Rise of nations intro had big sweeping music that really fitted the BIG time-spanning movie it was in.

For Emotional factor: Spyro, The legend series. Say what you want about the games themselves, Holy Sh*t some of the songs where amazing, they practically bring me to tears through awesome. (Specifically "Broken Soul" and "Guide you home") And because I still have theme stuck in my head, both those songs share my best music trophy for now.

Phatnpround

May 25, 2009
Most memorable? Portal.

Favourite? Super Mario Galaxy 2... or Mass Effect 2... or maybe World of Warcraft, Hmm, tough call.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
CUnk said:
Bloodstain said:
CUnk said:
No mention of Morrowind? Who can forget when that first trailer got released?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J4F3bs3Pk
Halley M said:
Chrono Cross
Both are not modern enough. It's about modern games here.

It has to be Portal, MGS, Katamari Damacy or maybe Final Fantasy X.
Metal Gear Solid came out in 1998. Silent Hill, 2001. Morrowind, 2002. Kingdom Hearts, 2002. Katamari Damacy, 2004.
.......okay, you got me. But you have to admit, Chrono Cross is indeed too old for said question.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Kingdom Hearts. Hell, the best part of the second game (apart from, arguably, the more severe tone the narrative took) was the music.
You sadly can't say the same for 358/2 days, because there was precious little new music in there. I hope Birth by Sleep at least added some new stuff.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
For me, it has to be Beyond Good and Evil. The tunes were all brilliantly atmospheric, especially for a game that blends genres as well as BGE. The action themes, sneaking themes and the gorgeous themes for the open world are all brilliantly realised, in my opinion.

And I believe that "Home Sweet Home" is one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever composed for a video game.

I guess I'm a fan of atmospheric music in my games, because as a runner up I'd like to nominate Metroid Prime. Particularly for the opening and for the Phendrana Drifts theme.

And while I love the Mass Effect games and their music, none of the themes, besides the main title, were as memorable and breathtaking as the ones I've mentioned above.

Ravek

Aug 6, 2009
Portal had music? (Well, okay, I remember the Still Alive song.)

Anyway, the Zelda series, as a whole, has by far the most memorable music of any game series. Especially the Dark Overworld theme from A Link to the Past has been stuck in my head for more than a decade.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I'm just a radical kind of guy who constantly brings up his favorite game. Freelancer's music has stuck with me since I first heard it.