Question of the Day, September 25, 2010

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Although I don't really like the games, Halo had a superb theme. Metal Gear Solid's 2 theme is also one of my favorites. And of course, Still alive is an amazing song.
But there are a few more that should get a mention. It's not really new, but it's newer than MGS, Baldur's Gate 2, amazing music, Dragon Age also had a bunch of good scores. Also, Heroes of Might and Magic 4 has songs that I still listen to
And Stronghold, can't forget about those beautiful melodies.
Gosh, there are a lot of games with music is just amazing. Anachronox, King's Bounty, Guilty Gear, Max Payne 2, and the list goes on.

But in the end, the most memorable is the one that the majority knows. And the poll indicates that it is Portal.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Kingdom Hearts. I could link all the sons that I like from it, or write a long ass speech why I love. But frankly, that would take all day.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
MGS. I can't even remember the music in Portal...well besides Alive :/

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Katamari Damacy and MGS. Not even played those games and I can hum the tune.

'course portal has the big ending theme, but that doesn't count. It's a SONG, not a soundtrack.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I'm pretty sure Still Alive is one of the most popular video game songs out there.

CUnk

Oct 24, 2008
No mention of Morrowind? Who can forget when that first trailer got released?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J4F3bs3Pk

snow

Jan 14, 2010
DazBurger said:
Halo. Everybody remembers that.. Played the game or not.
Played it and I don't remember it at all. o.0;

I'm gonna have to go with Starcraft, the terran themes get stuck in my head for days.

MasterV

Aug 9, 2010
No More Heroes 1 had some excellent and catchy music, as did Luigi's Mansion. And Tales of Symphonia's battle themes. I can still hum them after all these years.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Halo, then portal.
The only memorable one in portal was still alive, and the background music was nice, but Halo just owns all.

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
Halo, then portal.
The only memorable one in portal was still alive, and the background music was nice, but Halo just owns all.
Yeah but "Still Alive" trumps every Halo song except the theme.

I prefer Mass Effect myself. The main theme is just epic.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
I'm sorry, but Halo.

You'd know that damned music anywhere.

CarbonEagle

Apr 19, 2008
Command and Conquer (especially CNC1 and RA1) had the best music by far. I even went so far as to rip them from the game and burn them to a cd.

ilikepie59

Dec 4, 2008
My favourite music on that list would be Halo, but the title said "most memorable", so I voted Katamari. Whenever I see the name of it, I get the theme stuck in my head for ages.