Question of the Day, September 25, 2010

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Final Fantasy VIII is the only game soundtrack I can listen too from beginning to end without getting bored.

CarbonEagle said:
Command and Conquer (especially CNC1 and RA1) had the best music by far. I even went so far as to rip them from the game and burn them to a cd.
Hellmarch and Hellmarch II were AWESOME!

Casimir_Effect

Aug 26, 2010
Eternal Sonata, because it's Frédéric motherfucking Chopin. No other game music can compete with that written by one of the greatest composers/performers who ever lived, especially when the music is incorporated well into the story.

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
Halo definitely had the best soundtrack. Portal had a good song at it's end. A really good song.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Out of those, Halo. Portal had a really good ending song, but otherwise the music wasn't all that special, while Halo's score as a whole rocks.

Polaris19 said:
imnotparanoid said:
Halo, then portal.
The only memorable one in portal was still alive, and the background music was nice, but Halo just owns all.
Yeah but "Still Alive" trumps every Halo song except the theme.

I prefer Mass Effect myself. The main theme is just epic.
You mean Mass Effect 1? As far as I remember (and I played it through again only a couple of months ago) there wasn't much music at all in that game...

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Portal had one memorable song. The rest was still great, but it was an understated ambience, so I don't listen to it on it's own that often (unless I'm walking home at night or something)

Mario galaxy is catchy brilliant song after song. It's masterful.
So yeah, put that on the list.

Ya jerks.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Persona 4. Screw you, it's a modern video game!

Srdjan said:
Heroes of Might and Magic III
If it's a game that I remember from my childhood, not modern.

Same with Diablo 2 - the very sound of Tristram soundtrack makes my eyes bleed with tears of manliness.

SCREW YOU, IT'S AN AWESOME SONG!!!

JimJamJahar

Dec 18, 2009
For me, it has to be Mass Effect. It was a fantastic fusion of futuristic sounds and classical music. I loved the conditioning they gave you to hate Saren by making his theme the song that plays when you die.

EDIT:
HK_01 said:
Polaris19 said:
imnotparanoid said:
Halo, then portal.
The only memorable one in portal was still alive, and the background music was nice, but Halo just owns all.
Yeah but "Still Alive" trumps every Halo song except the theme.

I prefer Mass Effect myself. The main theme is just epic.
You mean Mass Effect 1? As far as I remember (and I played it through again only a couple of months ago) there wasn't much music at all in that game...
You do realise that the first game had over 60 different songs, right?

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
While Portal, Halo, Katamari Damacy, and Kingdom Hearts all had songs that I shall forever remember, I remember almost every tune from MGS 1, 2, 3 (SNAKE EATER!!!!), and 4. And I'm sure Rising will just add to that playlist :p

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I can't vote for 2 reasons:

A:) I was expecting more modern titles (although upon reflection, I can't even remember Modern Warfare or Just Cause 2 having music)

2:) All of those are memorable! Simple and Clean, Still Alive (I heard that song once and it hasn't left my brain), Halo Theme (can't remember the title). I don't remember the music to Metal Gear or Silent Hill too well but Katamari Damacy is Portal-level with it's catchiness!

I can't vote for one and there is not a place to vote for all of them so I am forced to vote for none...or rather, roll my dice...[D-20, GO! 14...]

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Advent Rising.

Full orchestra, children's choir, and the single "Greater Lights" sung by Charlotte Martin. All put together by Tommy Tallarico.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
well ive only played halo a couple of times on a friends X-box and i know the song for it the rest of them i have no idea even though i have played most of them more than i have halo