Question of the Day, September 25, 2010

Withall

Jan 9, 2010
Of those options: Metal Gear Solid. In my mind, the MGS series have several songs that work outside the context of the game that are still part of the game, while the others don't- as far as I can remember, Kingdom Hearts' songs are either intro pop songs, or BGM tied to different areas of the game world.

Now when I think about it, it's a tie between Halo and MGS. Portal, however, has -ONE- song. It's a good song, a real ear worm. But that's it.
I've not played either other options, so I can't say anything, but of the three above, it ties with MGS and Halo.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Dead heat between the Halo theme and Portal's Still Alive.

But my vote goes to Portal just because it was a better game.

Akaros

Feb 8, 2008
Abedeus said:
Persona 4. Screw you, it's a modern video game!
Persona 3 was better (Seriously, "Burn My Dread" and the final boss's music are among my favorite songs of all time), but Persona 4 had some great music as well.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
All of them really, but...because everyone sings it...Portal

SulfuricDonut

Feb 25, 2009
Portal's 'Still Alive' song was hilarious and amazing, but Halo's music is simply the most epic music ever.

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
I'm torn between Portal and Halo. Halo had a good theme and then throughout the series they would make tweeks to that theme and all that. With portal they only had one song, but god damn it was a catchy and awesome song :)

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
Xiado said:
Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion. The music matched the free, adventurous spirit of exploring perfectly
I don't know why, but I liked Morrowind just a tad bit more, still Oblivion definitely deserves two thumbs up.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
Despite my love for Still Alive, the Halo games are so crammed full of amazing music I can't deny them my vote. It's just too good, too often.

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Zelda. Ocarina of Time probably, but after that game the music is much the same so it doesn't matter

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
I suppose Portal had memorable music, but im not a huge fan (OMG GTFO, right?)

Anyway, not sure about memorable, but i <3 the Halo Reach OST.

Perfect, perfect examples.

and...

Flamma Man

Jul 23, 2009
Daah dah da-da-dah ~&#9835; KATAMARI DAMACY-Y-Y-Y ~&#9835;

But, really, no one can honestly make a singular choice in this matter, admittedly, EVERY ONE of these games has kick ass music.

A lot of game do in fact.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Tought call between Halo and Portal. Both have incredibly recognizable music. Halo gets bonus points for rocking out, Portal gets points for having something I can sing. (As loudly as I possibly can in the shower, with the door open naturally.)