Question of the Day, September 25, 2010

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
While I prefer the music in Halo, I would have to say the music in Katamari is more stick in your head memorable. The only tune in Halo that really does that for me is the theme song (particularly the version from Halo CE).

Rogun11

Apr 10, 2009
Persona 3 and 4 for me. Sure it was a little j-popy but it just blended in so well. And the last boss for 4's music was just immense.

The genesis (ending music)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ghYuPzvqE&feature=related

I Face Myself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_58-XYXuJMs

jacx

Feb 20, 2010
WoWs music is unique and it gives a sense of epicness to every thing from walking into Stormwind for the first time to the music in the citidel and even the new cataclysm theme is epic. other than WoW id say halo

Travis Higuet

May 19, 2010
Mechwarrior 2 Its a little older than these other titles, but the music was fantastic. Give Mechwarrior 2 soundtrack a search on Youtube, and check it out for yourself.

pilf

Apr 23, 2008
I wanted to say portal but there's only one song i find memorable in that, there fore i'm gonna say Freedom Figthers. Ok it's not as recent as most of the titles listed but each song is brilliant and highly memorable and, fits the context and genre perfectly.

PoorCollegeLad

Feb 23, 2010
Portal has Still Alive, but that's only one song. Halo isn't my favorite franchise, but the scores for all of the games are amazingly fleshed out and that percussion just kicks ass.

As for one that's not on the list, the Mass Effect series, particularly the second one, had an amazing soundtrack, albeit a little repetitive towards the end.

theaceplaya

Jul 20, 2009
Other: Uncharted. I really like the main theme, and think it should get more attention. But Metal Gear Solid is a CLOSE 2nd for me, especially MGS3.

'I'm still in a dream Snake Eater!'

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
Xiado said:
Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion. The music matched the free, adventurous spirit of exploring perfectly
While the ambient exploration music was very immersive and adventurous, it could have done with a LOT better battle theme, as well as unique tracks for specific, climactic events. I mean, the Battle of the Great Gate and the Battle of the Imperial City deserve better than the mildly threatening normal battle tune, don't you think?