Question of the Day, September 3, 2010

baseracer

Jul 31, 2009
Well, I'm buying the game anyways, because anything in development for that long can't be terrible, right?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
It obviously not done yet (no release date or official announcement) since I consider getting it out to retails part of the process before it's "done." I also really doubt if it will get out before the year is up even if development is finished. It will not live up to the hype. Why? 12 years is enough to cure some types of cancer and I doubt if Duke Nukem will cure cancer.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
2k games keeps putting up duke nukem tweets, and 2 duke nukem fover cardbord cut out have been spotted at pax.

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
it will come when it comes and people will buy it and disappointment will hit when the realisation that the last however many years has boiled down to a few hours of gameplay. no matter how good that game is, it has taken far too long to be worth the wait. it will have to be the length of 7 oblivions to make up for it in my eyes.

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
News just in: its at PAX. IT REALLY IS ALIVE!
http://kotaku.com/5629589/duke-nukem-forever-spotted-at-pax

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
...I really dont think it is ever going to come out and it ius just another case of the carrot been dangled in front of us...

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
The ten year old CG trailer made it look like a Deux Ex kind of FPS so I am actually pretty excited. Even if it looks kind of janky, if it plays at all like a story RPG FPS with the humour of Duke 3D I think it would be really fun.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Wait.. What?
I thought it was canceled for good?
Like, a year ago.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
The greatest urban legend of my lifetime is ready to reveal itself? Does the Mothman know about this?

WittyInfidel

Aug 30, 2010
I never cared for the whole Duke Nukem franchise to begin with. If it does happen to make the shelves, I seriously doubt I would ever play it, even a a rental.

Heh, after twelve years, it would be interesting to see something. I just have a feeling it would be rushed and horribly executed. There's no way it could ever live up to the hype.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Even if you don't care about the actual game, this is the ending of one of the biggest industry jokes of all time.

Everyone joked about Duke Nukem Forever and it's all ending. It's a pretty damn big thing, in a not-very-serious-so-lighten-up kinda way.

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
Considering how much of the 3dRealms staff was cut last year, I doubt they could have been able to finish it with what they have.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
PHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh, wait. You were serious, weren't you? Duke Nuke 'em Forever is done. Like Starcraft: Ghost, done.

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
No, I don't think it will be released. How many times have we heard "Duke Nukem Forever before the end of the year!"? I highly doubt it will be released, and even if it is, there's no way in hell it'll be worth the monstrous wait.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Is it done? Probably.

Is it worth anything? Hell no.

Will it be any good? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... ahahaha... haha... no.