Quick!! C'Thulhu is awake!

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Let's say one particular Sunday morning, you wake up, make yourself a nice cup of coffee (Or Tea), sit down on your favorite seat, and turn on the TV. You plan on today being the best day of your life. You switch on the News (Doesn't matter what news Station), and all of a sudden, you see the headline "C'Thulhu Real! Attacking Australia!" You listen as you see the reporters talk about C'Thulhu marching through South Eastern Australia, showing film of the attack. C'Thulhu himself isn't shown and the reporters say "Because anyone who looks at him goes mad!!". You see on the Camera several crazy people beating on one another, eating their own fecal matter, writing incomprehensible things on the walls of the city in Blood, and one attacking a reporter. All around the world, people are thrown into chaos. Your town hasn't been hit by it yet, but it probably will soon.

How would you respond to this? Would you think it all some crazy hoax? Would you barricade yourself inside your house? Would you go loot?

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
I'm on the other side of the world so I'll be safe for a while. I'd probably just do nothing and let the army take care of it.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I would put a blindfold on and wait for a less fecal matter eating death.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Constantly walk around town spluttering gurgled sounds from my throat, before dropping to my knees and howling to the sky.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I would find a boat and drive it right into his head. Hey, if it worked once, it could work again!

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Start blaring "Children of the Elder God" at full blast on every boombox I can find, huff three bottles of aged white vinegar, roll a joint, draw religious symbols all over my body, offer a prayer to my own fictional eldritch monster, sit down on my porch, and get ready for the show of a lifetime. With any luck, I'll be so hopped up that the sight of (the already kind of adorable) C'thulu will leave me with my sanity intact; and if not, I'll probably be dead.

Also, I'd look up the number for the Devil May Cry home office.

Assuming I survive, I'll replace the boombox soundtrack with "Manic Monday".

Layz92

May 4, 2009
Screw it, go mental. Sane is boring and over rated anyway. An insane society would certainly liven things up a bit.

Failing that

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
About time that my evil cult awoke C'Thulhu, its cool he wouldn't do anytihng to har- OH GOD ARHHGGG!!!!!!!

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
I'd probably roam around town doing my best Gollum voice for laughs. Unless they shoot me... not that funny then.

*BANG*
Is that how you say hello, where you come from?

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Coordinate with other world leaders to sacrifice a few virgins to appease the mighty C'Thulhus insatiable hunger so he will return to the sea. Then protect all the worlds shorelines by erecting totems engraved with Elder protection glyphs and placing one every half mile...

After he has returned to the sea we will then "take care" of the crazies if you know what I mean...

Trifixion

Infamous Scribbler
Oct 13, 2009
I would drive the 25 minutes from my house to H.P Lovecraft's grave, dig him up, perform a voodoo ritual to reanimate his corpse, and bitchslap him.

Evil sausage

Sep 8, 2010
Layz92 said:
Screw it, go mental. Sane is boring and over rated anyway. An insane society would certainly liven things up a bit.

Failing that
DAMN IT YOU NINJA!

Sunday morning you say? I can't be arsed to fight a fucking squid on a sunday morning...

gonzo20

Dec 18, 2008
id just sit in playing halo reach till he comes get me and id just go "fine then, you got me, hurry up with "

Layz92

May 4, 2009
Evil sausage said:
Layz92 said:

Failing that
DAMN IT YOU NINJA!

Sunday morning you say? I can't be arsed to fight a fucking squid on a sunday morning...
Haha been a while since I ninja'd someone... my humble apologies. Nice to be the one doing the Ninja-ing for a change.