Quick Update!

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Hey folks, it's been a minute since I've had time to stop in the forums! Hope you're all doing well.

I'm about to enter my third year as EIC of The Escapist on July 29th so I wanted to drop by and let you know that we should have a cool update video posted that day so keep an eye out for that.

If you've not been paying attention to the main site stuff, we've done a lot of cool things recently.

Last week we launched our next documentary on Spiritfarer.

We also launched the pilot for a brand new Dungeons and Dragons show, Adventure is Nigh! hosted by Jack Packard, and starring Yahtzee, Amy, KC and Jesse. It's a great time and the feedback has been fantastic. More to come in September.

We're also finally uploading regular video essays again at this playlist, so be sure to check those out.

The Escapist is doing very well, and as long as the parent company permits it, I should be able to share just how well in the upcoming update video.

Don't forget that our Discord community is very active now with over 2200 members, and a fantastic premium community. So if you haven't joined that yet and want to be more involved, I'd highly recommend joining up.

Discord: https://discord.gg/ydfuYNtZDT

Have a good rest of your Sunday and I'll be back later this week with our update video.

Thanks!

Nick

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Has it been three years already? Jeez! It doesn't seem like that long ago that we were dealing with a forum that was more broken every day, abandoning entire subforums to bots, and getting love potions and counterfeit legal documents for discount prices!

You've done good work bringing this place back from the brink.

Reactions: Dalisclock

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Its good to hear things are going well. I've been enjoying the new content myself, although I tend to watch it through youtube rather than the site because I have very odd errors that crop up with embedded videos and such.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I tend to stay on the forums, but I do check the front page every now and then. We do have some neat stuff there and I do need to check out that Sprit Farer documentary.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
That's really good to hear. I'll be sure to check out the Spiritfarer docu. Also making note to drop by the Discord.
Has it been three years already? Jeez! It doesn't seem like that long ago that we were dealing with a forum that was more broken every day, abandoning entire subforums to bots, and getting love potions and counterfeit legal documents for discount prices!
If I understand Nick's post correctly, It's been two year, and the third will start one of these days. Other than that tho, yeah, the place was being held together by the paintwork, and not even that in places.
You've done good work bringing this place back from the brink.
Indeed, there was a time everyone thought there was no coming back anymore. A remarkable turnaround.

So eh, good job, Nick. Imaginary pints are being raised.

Last edited:

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
Its good to hear things are going well. I've been enjoying the new content myself, although I tend to watch it through youtube rather than the site because I have very odd errors that crop up with embedded videos and such.
The onsite video player is basically unusable. Whatever one they're using for Zero Punctuation in particular.