Quicksilver Runs, Mimes Surfing In New Avengers 2 Spy Pics

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Quicksilver Runs, Mimes Surfing In New Avengers 2 Spy Pics

New Age of Ultron pics also provide a close up of the film's villain.

Hot on the heels of a recent batch of <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133185-Leaked-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Photos-From-Italy-Assemble-Online>leaked photos from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron, a new collection of pictures from the film's shooting has surfaced showing off even more of the titular villain as well as additional shots of Quicksilver, Scarlett Witch and Hawkeye in action.

The pics in question give a much closer look of Ultron than in the previous photographs, catching the film's villain up close and with his face clear and visible. Granted, this is technically just a stand-in (hence the normal pants and shoes) to give the other actors a tangible reference point to respond to. Even so, the mock-up being used looks pretty danged close to the comic book <a href=http://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeek/files/styles/insert_main_wide_image/public/ultron-phalanx.jpg>source material.

The rest of the photos primarily feature Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch who look very close to <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133062-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Concept-Art-Gives-First-Look-at-Scarlet-Witch>concept art released by the film's production team. Just personally, I like what they've done with Scarlett Witch. Granted, her look is much more subtle than she's generally presented in the comics, but I honestly can't think of a way they were going to pull off that costume without it looking exploitative and silly.

[gallery=2263]

Speaking of silly, I can't be the only one who thinks Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Quicksilver looks a tad dopey. The outfit, the white hair coupled with the dark stubble, it just doesn't do it for me. Then again, maybe that's just my opinion. What do you guys think of these new pictures? Have they made a misstep with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver or is the film taking them in the right direction.

Source: Just Jared

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Is that their Ultron? It's... okay... keeping in mind that all that black is going to be filled in with you know... special effects to make him look more roboty.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Can't wait to see the shots with FX added. Right now it just looks like really good cosplay without the digital fireworks thrown in.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
Aaaand Renner/Hawkeye still looks like a punk. Seriously, would it kill them to add some goddamn purple? It's not like he has any actual character to begin with, so A2 is going to need everything it can get.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
deathbydeath said:
Aaaand Renner/Hawkeye still looks like a punk. Seriously, would it kill them to add some goddamn purple? It's not like he has any actual character to begin with, so A2 is going to need everything it can get.
There is purple in his costume, but his look is more based on the Ultimate version. Something I'm kind of thankful for since his normal costume in the comics is awful.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
I have no idea who the metal helmet is supposed to be (I'm guessing Ultron, but don't spoil me if you do know), but does anyone else think that it looks a bit like Garrus?

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
wait wait wait wait

quicksilver and scarlet witch are in Avengers 2?

I thought quicksilver was in the new x-men movie.

I mean... does that hurt anyone else's brain or is it just me?

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Altorin said:
wait wait wait wait

Doesn't really hurt my brain, I can grasp the two different continuities, Marvel's non-mutant one vs Fox's X-Men universe, but the general public will be so very confused by two different Quicksilvers.

Him and Scarlet Witch not being connected to Magneto an therefore not mutants in this continuity will be weird though.

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
The_Darkness said:
I have no idea who the metal helmet is supposed to be (I'm guessing Ultron, but don't spoil me if you do know), but does anyone else think that it looks a bit like Garrus?
Yes. I had to read the headline to get that it wasn't Mass Effect related, but took a second and closer look anyway.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
Vivi22 said:
There is purple in his costume, but his look is more based on the Ultimate version. Something I'm kind of thankful for since his normal costume in the comics is awful.
Maybe it's just because Worm made me fall in love with the idea of someone creating a separate identity for the public to view their superheroism/villainy through, but the whole "badass spy agent dude" Clint went through now and again with the leather vest and all the black just seems so stupid to me, even dumber than the purple. Besides, if we're talking about what Hawkeye wears than I have to plug this:

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Remus said:
Can't wait to see the shots with FX added. Right now it just looks like really good cosplay without the digital fireworks thrown in.
I like Marvel's "Have as many practicle/tangible effects as possible especially on the costumes" approach, makes it better in the end.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
StewShearer said:
Speaking of silly, I can't be the only one who thinks Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Quicksilver looks a tad dopey. The outfit, the white hair coupled with the dark stubble, it just doesn't do it for me. Then again, maybe that's just my opinion.
It's not the best costume, but it's still a whole hell of a lot better than the one Days of Future Past Quicksilver's been saddled with. Why is he wearing goggles, exactly?

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Altorin said:
wait wait wait wait

Both Marvel and Fox own the rights Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, except in the Fox universe, the two characters cannot be explicitly called out to be part of the Marvel universe.

I'm more interested to see if Fox will carry on the incestious sides of the aforementioned characters.

ellers07

Feb 24, 2013
What happened to the bottom half of Quicksilver? He has some fun colors on the top but then they throw a pair of black pants and some sneakers on the bottom? Maybe this is a scene before he gets an actual superhero costume. At least I hope that's the case.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Scarlet Witch looks heavily inspired by her X-men Evolution appearance, I see.

Quicksilver's look is growing on me because I'm better visualizing how it'll look in motion.

teletran3

Sep 10, 2008
ellers07 said:
What happened to the bottom half of Quicksilver? He has some fun colors on the top but then they throw a pair of black pants and some sneakers on the bottom? Maybe this is a scene before he gets an actual superhero costume. At least I hope that's the case.
The bottom half will probably be changed when they add in his blurry leg effects.

Korastus

Dec 4, 2013
StewShearer said:
Speaking of silly, I can't be the only one who thinks Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Quicksilver looks a tad dopey. The outfit, the white hair coupled with the dark stubble, it just doesn't do it for me.
Sure, it's a little silly, but it's also worlds better than Days of Future Past's utterly ridiculous looking version of Quicksilver.

ellers07

Feb 24, 2013
teletran3 said:
ellers07 said:
The bottom half will probably be changed when they add in his blurry leg effects.
Just his legs though? Now I'm imagining something like the chase scene from Kung Fu Hustle. Which would be hilarious but not necessarily appropriate for the Avengers.