Quirky ways you eat/drink stuff

Mourning_Star

Egotistical Jerk
Sep 4, 2011
I drink from the side of my mouth on a constant basis. And the reason I do it is kind of sad...

I was mimicking how Ty the Tasmanian Tiger only talked out of the side of his mouth

Sep 14, 2009
Aris Khandr said:
I eat the edges around a Pop-Tart first, then the middle. I thought a lot of people did that, but my friends always look at me weird when I do it in public.
do this too, just so awkward to take...random bites out of it. the fuck.

OT:

I roll my pizza up, i LOVE the crusts, so i want to get a bit of crust in every bite. most people find it "wtfbbq" amounts of weird when they see me do it.

also

when not in public (and generally not amongst friends either) I despise using silverware, if at all possible i prefer just using my hands (ergo, ripping up a steak with my hands, cutting up a potato, etc...)

i'm barbaric like that i guess.

one that ABSOLUTELY drives me insane is, i have a couple friends, and they ALWAYS slurp their drinks, IT'S SO UNNECESSARY AND LOUD. just tip the damn drink up and let it slide into your mouth, you don't need to vacuum the edge of it -_-

roughly that is how it sounds.

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
If I have a meal that consists of a main and sides I must eat them all together at the same time, for example a roast beef dinner with veg and potato, I get a potato on my fork, then get a bit of meat on there and finally the veg so I have a little tower on my fork and then eat them all together, it just seems wrong to eat em separately.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
idarkphoenixi said:
Pizza slices are to be laid on top of one another which creates a doubly delicious pizza slice sandwich.
Well surely everybody knew that

---

If the option to have soup in a bread bowl is present then it ceases to be an option as bread bowls are superior to all other bowls.

I tend to eat foods in order of, What I like least to what I like the most (not counting drinks).

Like a cow, I tend to backwash my meals and enjoy them again and, again throughout the day. I attribute this to the fact that I have a lot of liquids during the course of the day. It sounds a lot more disgusting than it actually is, I assure you!

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
I'm really ordinary. All I have is: I can't eat certain things without others.

No sandwiches or burgers or hotdogs/corndogs without chips or fries. And pretty much no veggies without meat.

I have no qualms with cheese pizza but I can't have veggie pizza.

Cerebral Force

Jun 8, 2011
I don't know about quirky, I haven't met anyone in 'real life' who eat bread rolls/burgers the same as I do outside my family.

Instead of eating with the bottom of the roll or bun on my tongue, I eat it 'upside down' if you will, with the sesame seed top half facing my tongue.

I think this started because of something I did with a brand of biscuits I eat, called Shapes. The faces are covered in flavour while the bottom generally have none. I would always face the flavour side on my tongue to savour the flavour and get more taste out of it. It took me a while to notice that much like with my rolls and buns that I was eating in a different manner.

Off-topic, but my stance is also 'goofy' as opposed to 'regular'. I thought this seemed to be related to my eating habits being opposite the norm, but I don't really think they're from the same source.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
I don't technically use chopsticks correctly. Instead of the pencil method, I use my middle finger for movement. I just can't move the sticks the other way.

If I'm eating at home, I need to watch something while I'm doing it. I'll start a let's play or something and probably have my meal done before the video has finished it's intro.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
OT:

I roll my pizza up, i LOVE the crusts, so i want to get a bit of crust in every bite. most people find it "wtfbbq" amounts of weird when they see me do it.
I totally do that aswell. Not for every slice, but generally, for a thin crust pizza, I'll eat 1/3 of the slices normally, 1/3 of the slices rolled up, and the other 1/3 I do this thing where I fold each of the corners with a crust over into a triangle shape, and then fold the other corner over this. It's kinda hard to explain.

It was also pointed out to me that when I eat food that consists of a lot of small things (pasta, cereal etc), I'll start at the edge, work my way around, then eat the stuff in the centre.

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
I drink a good deal of everything with a straw if possible, there's a box full of them in my room and kitchen at all times.
If I have a package of ramen/noodles that I don't particularly enjoy "made", I'll break them up in the bag and eat them like a snack.
For the longest time, I ate Eggs Benedict in a procedural fashion. First the meat, then the egg, then the muffin.
When eating cake, I eat the layer of frosting first. Only when it's completely gone will I then eat it "normally".

Those are the ones that I'm aware of.
Other than that, I haven't a clue!

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Well whenever I drink something I always have to grab it with my left hand, despite being right handed. If I drink something while I'm holding it with my right hand, it just feels like something is wrong in the universe.

Other than that I really don't have many quirky eating habits.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well I tend to eat one unit at a time, which people find exhasperating when I'm eating rice or pasta or whatever other thing that has a LOT of really small units, besides that my jaw is crooked so I move my mouth kinda strangely when I chew because otherwise it'll be open which is kinda disgusting, this also causes food to fall off every now and again, which is kinda hard to disimulate when there's people around, I just hope no one notices...
I generally eat fairly slowly too.

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
I smash my sandwiches flat, until the bread no longer has pores, and take little bites around the edges until I have a quarter sized circular sandwich. I eat that whole.
Edit: Whenever I eat hard pretzels I always try to eat the Y part without damaging the outside.
Re-edit: When I eat saltines, only saltines, I store as much chewed up saltine in one of my cheeks as I can before swallowing.

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
I spill pretty much half of the water I drink on account of my small mouth. I also cannot savour things like milkshakes and frappes, downing them in less than 5 minutes, yet take 3 hours to drink a can of coke or a bottle of beer. I also eat burgers upside down, a-la-OP.

Squiddles

Feb 11, 2013
Use to have this thing where I could only eat burgers upside down and what I deemed "backwards" for some reason. Not sure if I ever grew out of doing that, it's been years since I've had a burger, so it might have developed into a whole new thing where I can only eat them while I'm upside down for all I know. <.<

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I usually save the best stuff for last. For example: If I have a hamburger, fries, and onion rings. I will eat the fries and onion rings first and then eat the hamburger. Most people I have seen eat the hamburger first and then the fries. Another quirky eating habit I have is I will take all the toppings off a piece of pizza including the cheese and eat that stuff first. After that I will eat the pizza backwards.

When I have veggie burgers I will eat the bottom piece of bread first, then eat the top piece by dunking it in the ketchup on the veggie patty, and then eat the veggie patty. When I eat pizza rolls I will bite the corners off, bite the edges off, and then open the pizza role up eating the contents then the rest of the roll.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
Well, I wash knives/forks/spoons/glasses/plates before I use them, even if they're fresh from being washed by somebody else. Food wise, I eat normally I guess? Not sure what that is exactly, but I generally just eat things as they are.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
Everything must have tabasco. Even if I end up with a tummy ache, every thing is better with tabasco.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I try to fold pizza over on itself, even if it wasn't made for being folded over.

Also, I used to eat potato chips with my tongue so I wouldn't get them stuck in my teeth. That was, until I stopped eating chips all together.

I also have a ritual that whatever I am involved with a large group of some kind and food is available, I typically will not eat a bite until the meeting is over. If there are cookies on a plate and someone gets the last one, I'm screwed, I don't get a cookie that day. I do it so I don't get distracted, and surprisingly, it works.