Race the Sun for Free Today

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Race the Sun for Free Today

Race to Steam.

Race the Sun, an arcade-style racing game by indie developer Flipfly, has released on iOS and, to celebrate the occasion, they are offering the Steam version absolutely free. Don't waste time, though, as the offer expires tomorrow.

Race the Sun is a racing game which draws much of its inspiration from classic arcade racers with time limits and extensions. The player attempts to fly a solar-powered craft for as long as possible through procedurally generated stages that are replaced daily. As the title implies, the player is in a literal race against the sun, the setting of which represents the game's timer.

It's challenging, but accessible, and the design lends itself well to the "just one more try" reflex. If you have a Steam account, I would personally recommend logging in and adding it to your library while you have the chance.

In addition to the PC and new iOS versions, Race the Sun is also available on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/Flippfly/status/626808848792354816]

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Done, thanks for telling us. I had an interest in this game since watching Michael Jones of Roosterteeth ragequit it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I've played this on PSVita. It's crazy addictive. Free's a nice price, but...it's already in my Steam library from a bundle.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Thanks for the heads up, will also buy a vita copy sometime soon.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Sweet, thanks very much for telling us all! I would have missed it, and this is a game I was interested in.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I can always use more games like these. Thank you very much for the heads-up!

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
didnt know wither. got it now. not much in to racing games though but if its free, i cant make any loss in case i might not like it.

Serinanth

Apr 29, 2009
Downloaded, played, bought Sunrise DLC, played. Played more.... had to take a break, going to play more. Oh, set left and right to left and right trigger and instantly upped my game.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
This game is so smooth feeling, like a liquid silver bullet flying through recently vapourised helium. Quite unique.