Racially Motivated Mass Shooting in Buffalo, NY

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
What is wrong with people here? Being against the censorship of ideas is being for speech involving violence?

And shocking no one, the liberal media never ran a correction story on Rebekah Jones being a liar. You get half the news from both places, that's why you gotta to pay attention to both.
My mistake, thought you were saying censorship is wrong in response to the person complaining about the removal of the footage as a violation of their rights.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
You know, with how many guns we have in the US I'm legitimately shocked that more politicians aren't regularly assassinated.

If you're a stupid white supremacist and you think that democrats are trying to replace white people with evil minorities why would you go shoot up a mall or a supermarket, or a nail salon, or any place with a bunch of nobodies in it?

If these people are actually trying to make a difference, actually trying to further an agenda, actually trying to become martyrs to the cause you would think they'd be going after the evil democratic politicians that keep scheming and planning to take away their freedom. That's why they have guns after all, to stop tyranny right?

Our politicians are literally some of the most hated people in the US, on both sides, and yet children in schools, people in nightclubs, random citizens trying to live their lives end up taking the brunt of the violence and anger instead.

I'm not advocating for assassinating politicians, I'm just shocked that it doesn't happen more often in the US.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Because the ones with an iota of influence have staff and security who specifically watch for that eventuality.

There was that baseball game attacked a while back, where nothing significant happened because security intervened.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Our politicians are literally some of the most hated people in the US, on both sides, and yet children in schools, people in nightclubs, random citizens trying to live their lives end up taking the brunt of the violence and anger instead.
Because they're easier targets. These mass shooters are all cowards, and would rather go after people not prepared/too young or old to defend themselves, nor have paid/protected back up and security. On most levels, no matter how mentally screwed up they are, they consciously know this. Or are sub-conscious about it.

I'm not advocating for assassinating politicians, I'm just shocked that it doesn't happen more often in the US.
There was an planned assassination attempt on Governor Whitmore last year in Michigan. All are white supremacists/MAGA assholes. They called themselves the "Wolverine Militia". Thankfully, the FBI and local law enforcements caught wind early, and had investigations and sting operations set up months in advanced. Feds were able to take down their operation and arrest everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: ObsidianJones

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Fyi, during a certain point in the shooter's livestream, you can see him point his gun at a man lying on the ground crying out for his life, then quickly apologizing and moving on when he realizes the man is white.
I cannot fathom what that does to a man, I'm happy he survived but he's probably going to be in therapy for a long time.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
You know, with how many guns we have in the US I'm legitimately shocked that more politicians aren't regularly assassinated.

If you're a stupid white supremacist and you think that democrats are trying to replace white people with evil minorities why would you go shoot up a mall or a supermarket, or a nail salon, or any place with a bunch of nobodies in it?

If these people are actually trying to make a difference, actually trying to further an agenda, actually trying to become martyrs to the cause you would think they'd be going after the evil democratic politicians that keep scheming and planning to take away their freedom. That's why they have guns after all, to stop tyranny right?

Honestly I think that will be the final thing to make gun regulationhappen, if I learned anything abortion shit going on politicians will do stuff when it affects them directly.

and the thing is it's going to happen. in fact it already happened a few times but failed. When "not If" a successful assassination happens there is going to be an explosion in our political system.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Because most countries, especially Western ones post the assassination of JFK, take the security of their elected officials very seriously. Outside being murdered by a movie-esque professional killer, at this point I feel the only successful assassination of any politician in the United States would require a suicide bombing style attack.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I don't think most of these people are stable enough to be able to locate a specific politician and stage an assassination, they're barely capable of dressing themselves, so just going to a big gathering spot where their perceived enemy is known to gather and shooting random people is the most plausible for them. Hell, even this Buffalo guy was supposedly a racist but he also shot a couple white people too so it's not like he was all that discerning or careful. It sounds like once he started shooting anyone was fair game.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Because most countries, especially Western ones post the assassination of JFK, take the security of their elected officials very seriously. Outside being murdered by a movie-esque professional killer, at this point I feel the only successful assassination of any politician in the United States would require a suicide bombing style attack.
Dunno about that, especially about relatively low ranking ones.

Also:

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Dunno about that, especially about relatively low ranking ones.

Also:
You know what, fair call. But even if they started picking off the congressional bottom feeders as easy prey they’d get through maybe two or three before security was ramped up. Assassinating someone that would leave an impact is still what I’d call difficult. Certainly beyond the capabilities of the average spree shooting dipshit.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
You know what, fair call. But even if they started picking off the congressional bottom feeders as easy prey they’d get through maybe two or three before security was ramped up. Assassinating someone that would leave an impact is still what I’d call difficult. Certainly beyond the capabilities of the average spree shooting dipshit.
True, but I'm surprised we don't occasionally see a better quality of spree shooter, possibly in groups. Some of the boogaloo boys have had respectable military careers.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I think there's an aspect here where spree killers just want to kill lots of people, perhaps as a function of being heavily driven by hate and rage, and a power fantasy over the vulnerable, wanting to savour the experience. If they attempt to take out a politician, politicians have protection details: they're not going to be savouring their power or inflicting harm for long, and in a worst case scenario don't even kill the primary target, never mind anyone else.

There's also perhaps a function of it being a sort of societally instilled behaviour. Highly disaffected individuals decide to shoot up lots of ordinary people because they have learnt to do so from all the well-publicised previous examples. Hence why some people question whether such killing should be heavily reported, or at least think that the killers' names should not be reported. Some write long and tedious manifestos, thinking that the killing will make them famous and give their manifestos publicity and legacy. So no-one should publish their manifesto. If they realise killing people will see their deranged philosophy sunk without trace, they might be less inclined to kill people.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I don't think most of these people are stable enough to be able to locate a specific politician and stage an assassination, they're barely capable of dressing themselves, so just going to a big gathering spot where their perceived enemy is known to gather and shooting random people is the most plausible for them. Hell, even this Buffalo guy was supposedly a racist but he also shot a couple white people too so it's not like he was all that discerning or careful. It sounds like once he started shooting anyone was fair game.
I agree the dude is a headcase, but not that he was a berserker mindlessly blasting everything in sight.

For one, He was lucid enough to at one point aim his gun at a man lying on the ground beside a cash register, then quickly say "sorrry" and move on when he noticed the man was white. And I don't doubt that, because i've actually seen that part of his livestream. He also had the n-word written on the barrel of his gun, and the number 14, likely a reference to white supremacist terrorist David Eden Lane's Fourteen Words. He's written a manifesto talking about Great Replacement Theory, and how the US should only be white, and that the attack is meant to scare non-whites into leaving the US. Investigation into the dude has uncovered that he had meticulously researched and planned his attack on that specific store because it was in a black neighborhood.

You can do the "benefit of the doubt" thing if you want, but the amount of evidence he was there to shoot black people is significantly greater than anything else. His having shot some white people does not disprove that. These situations tend to be very messy, panicked people running everywhere while the shooter rushed through trying to find as many targets as possible, and these shooters are not John Matrix, capable of staying cool and efficient under stress. There will be stray fire, and a high risk of collateral damage as a result. Or probably from his pov, friendly fire.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
There was an planned assassination attempt on Governor Whitmore last year in Michigan. All from white supremacists/MAGA assholes. They called themselves the "Wolverine Militia". Thankfully, the FBI and local law enforcements caught wind early, and had investigations and sting operations set up months in advanced. Feds were able to take down their operation and arrest everyone.
Well, you see...
Two of those arrested were found not guilty, and another two got no verdict so far, because while they talked about kidnapping the governor, the only people willing to commit to any concrete criminal plans were the FBI sting operation themselves.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
You can do the "benefit of the doubt" thing if you want
Of course he does, because every time Dreiko gives the benefit of the doubt to white people and the opposite to black people, with a regularity that would put a metronome to shame.

Feel free to draw your own conclusions about that fact.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
There is no supposedly racist. He is 100% bonafide racist. He has all his manifestos and video recordings and what inspired him: Neo-Nazi/KKK garbage. Don't try to soften the blow or diverge scenario. Yes, he killed some white people, but his main target is a heavily black populated area. Buffalo is a heavily black populated area. Don't you dare try to ever act as if it's just some guy who goes after everyone. He made his statement clear as day. He killed two white people and he actually apologized for shooting them (anyone that was black didn't get that). He's still a monster, regardless. But there is no supposedly. He is racist. Deal with it or don't.

If you respond with some stupid "lulz/lol" comment, or try to make another semi-excuse, I don't want to hear it.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Edit: in the Democratic Chronicle article, there's a video that shows college students and various other people helping out the Buffalo community. It warms my heart to see such good humanity in people, doing the right thing, and stepping up.
unfurl="true"]https://www.democrat...ayton-gendron-sunday-live-updates/9784995002/

This one's somewhat related, but just as important.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
This one's somewhat related, but just as important.

Yeh, that's the Laguna Woods one. Already posted that earlier in the thread. There was actually yet another shooting at the Texas State Fair in Dallas that same day, involving 5 men, resulting in 1 dead and 3 wounded. Tho there are strong indications this was not a mass shooting, but probably an altercation between two gangs.