Radiant Silvergun Is Coming To Ruin Your Thumbs On September 14th

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Radiant Silvergun Is Coming To Ruin Your Thumbs On September 14th

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS. Like Ikaruga before it, Treasure's cult shoot-em-up Radiant Silvergun is coming to XBLA.

At 1200 Microsoft Points - around fifteen of your earth dollars - Radiant Silvergun's XBLA rerelease will be a little kinder on your wallet than an original copy for the Sega Saturn. Though not especially rare by collector standards, Radiant Silvergun's somewhat limited supply combined with almost universal acclaim (it really is that good, folks) means the notoriously fun shooter usually fetches around $200 plus on eBay.

For those of you who haven't had the opportunity to play Silvergun, either because you never owned a Saturn or, for some odd reason, you never wandered into an arcade in 1990's Japan, rest assured the game is superb. Silvergun is considered an almost perfect example of the SHMUP genre, not only for its fresh, but taxing, take on classic shooter gameplay, but also for its unique aesthetic and haunting soundtrack. It doesn't cost so much just because it's hard to find, if you catch my drift.

As well as now costing less than a low-end used car, the XBLA release of Radiant Silvergun is bringing a few other improvements to the table. There's an option to replace Silvergun's excellent, but flawed, scoring system with the smoother, updated version from its successor Ikaruga. The game can be played in both "Saturn" and "Arcade" modes, and it features both local and online cooperative play. Hopefully they won't fix the notoriously poorly translated boss battle text which, although completely at odds with the game's rather grim storyline, was eminently memorable.

1: BE PRAYING..
2: BE PRAYING..
3: BE PRAYING..

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/30/radiant-silvergun-comes-to-xbla-on-september-14/]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Guardian Heroes tomorrow?

AND THEN THIS?

I'm on a Treasure overload this month. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Words I thought to be impossible.

Edit: Damn it! Just saw a Tweet from Major Nelson saying that he was wrong about Guardian Heroes coming tomorrow.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Finally! This is definitely one of the most exciting releases in quite a while. What's worse, I may buy it even though I already own the original Saturn copy. Mainly because I hope by supporting these types of games, they make more of them :p

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Wait.....will it have the option to have the slowdown needed for the boss fights? Seriously, some of those bosses needed you to be playing two-player just so you have another ship to throw out more particles. MORE PARTICLES!!!!! The resulting slowdown is almost an necessity.

Or you could get, I dunno, good at the game. If you're a chump.

Yay for Radiant Silvergun!