Radio DJ/Red Dead Voice Actor Cumia Fired For Racist Twitter Rant

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Dragonbums said:
How is ****** different? Just like savage it has a different harmless meaning like burning sticks that is also used as a homophobic slur to homosexuals. Also why do you assume that people of color only refers to black people. Last time I checked Asians, those of Hispanic heritage, black people, and Middle Eastern fall under the people of color category. They are also people who were colonized. Which means they were also called savages, their cultures considered savage, and we're further degraded because of it. I've said this multiple times already in numerous posts but you keep ignoring that instance and still continue to deny the fact that savage has racist undertones like colonialism wasn't a fucking thing that happened to people around the world. Not just "murica".
No savage doesn't have a harmless meaning, and a "racist" meaning. If I refer to a black guy as a savage the meaning of the word is the same as if I had said it to a white guy, the word doesn't suddenly morph because I said it to a man of colour.
And I've addressed them, and the fact Europeans were referred to as savages and its synonyms right back by the likes of the Japanese and Muslim powers...oh and the Japanese weren't colonized last I checked.
Are the Eastern Europeans coloured now also or are you just ignoring them for the sake of your arguement? I mean by your mention of Hispanic I knew what your response would be to southern Europeans, but what of Eastern?

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Rozalia1 said:
No savage doesn't have a harmless meaning, and a "racist" meaning.
Savages base meaning means something that is brutal. Lions eating at a kill is savage. They fight every 2 seconds over it. I don't understand you can come over and give me the "synonyms" lecture and then tell me that savage doesn't have a harmless meaning.

If I refer to a black guy as a savage the meaning of the word is the same as if I had said it to a white guy, the word doesn't suddenly morph because I said it to a man of colour.
Please continue to avoid the point I keep making repeatedly about the reason why it has racist connotations is because it's used exclusively against people of color during the colonial era to degrade other civiliazations that aren't white so the can justify the cruel shit they committed upon a lot of people and their cultures.

And I've addressed them, and the fact Europeans were referred to as savages
Europe isn't a country. It's a continent. And I feel your going back to your own example of people saying their own countries were "savage" which isn't exactly the same as a systematic oppressive system that was fueled by dehumanizing and brutalizing the very people your trying to control by repeatedly drilling into their heads that the "others" were savages.

As far as recent history goes, this has not happened to the majority of white European countries. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Ireland.

and its synonyms right back by the likes of the Japanese and Muslim powers...
Which still makes it racist to the people it's targeted to who were directly harmed by said people.

oh and the Japanese weren't colonized last I checked.
Never said they were. The Chinese however were. I guess you can't understand simple examples.

Are the Eastern Europeans coloured now also or are you just ignoring them for the sake of your arguement?
Well my original argument is why the term savage is considered racist anyways. But I see your slowly shifting goal posts in order to derail this into a game of semantics of what constitutes "colored people".

And this is how these things always turn out. You know exactly what I'm fucking talking about. and DJ knew exactly what he was doing by using the word savage as he did in the context of his Twitter rant. It's meaning was not lost on a lot of people, but sure lets do the "Well Japanese and Muslim people treated people like shit too" which somehow diminishes the fact that regardless of who's doing the beatings, savage has been used in opresssive racist ways to dehumanize another target ethnic group to justify the nasty shit they did to them.

I mean by your mention of Hispanic I knew what your response would be to southern Europeans, but what of Eastern?
Yes, my mention of Hispanics in an example about people who were fucking victims of colonization.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
*skips from page 1*

Um...okay, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. He isn't racist and he just picked some very unfortunate wording. He's still a piece of shit and I can't fault Sirius for firing him.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Dragonbums said:
Savages base meaning means something that is brutal. Lions eating at a kill is savage. They fight every 2 seconds over it. I don't understand you can come over and give me the "synonyms" lecture and then tell me that savage doesn't have a harmless meaning.
... ... ... ... ... ...

That is so in the wrong direction I've kept reading in the hope you actually mean something else. The point was always that it didn't have a racist meaning, and now you're telling me I'm saying it doesn't have a "harmless" meaning thereby implying that I think it only has a racist meaning... you'll need to explain yourself there.

Dragonbums said:
Please continue to avoid the point I keep making repeatedly about the reason why it has racist connotations is because it's used exclusively against people of color during the colonial era to degrade other civiliazations that aren't white so the can justify the cruel shit they committed upon a lot of people and their cultures.
It is utterly irrelevant. ****** is an exclusive insult aimed at black people, savage isn't and has never been.

Dragonbums said:
Europe isn't a country. It's a continent. And I feel your going back to your own example of people saying their own countries were "savage" which isn't exactly the same as a systematic oppressive system that was fueled by dehumanizing and brutalizing the very people your trying to control by repeatedly drilling into their heads that the "others" were savages.

As far as recent history goes, this has not happened to the majority of white European countries. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Ireland.
... Yes so it'd include a larger and more varied amount of people. All Savages to the Japanese, the same gaijin, to the Muslim powers also all the westerners were just "Franks" no matter where they were actually from, all the same people apparently wherever in Europe they were from.

Just Ireland? Oh boy. I suppose the poor folk practicing their pagan religions in Europe were all just overcome with the desire to convert to Christianity out of nowhere. Many of them totally weren't invaded and subjected having their customs, culture, and heck very identity suppressed/destroyed.
The Ottomans were also totally swell guys.

Dragonbums said:
Never said they were. The Chinese however were. I guess you can't understand simple examples.
Don't start flinging such things please. Sir, you're proclaiming exclusivity so explain the Japanese.

Dragonbums said:
Well my original argument is why the term savage is considered racist anyways. But I see your slowly shifting goal posts in order to derail this into a game of semantics of what constitutes "colored people".

And this is how these things always turn out. You know exactly what I'm fucking talking about. and DJ knew exactly what he was doing by using the word savage as he did in the context of his Twitter rant. It's meaning was not lost on a lot of people, but sure lets do the "Well Japanese and Muslim people treated people like shit too" which somehow diminishes the fact that regardless of who's doing the beatings, savage has been used in opresssive racist ways to dehumanize another target ethnic group to justify the nasty shit they did to them.
I don't shift goalposts, nor do I need to. You say its exclusive, yet when faced with an example that doesn't fit your encapsulation you start flinging mud at me.

Dragonbums said:
Yes, my mention of Hispanics in an example about people who were fucking victims of colonization.
Its always so bothersome when it comes to Hispanics as people will often shift what they "are" to fit whatever argument of the day they have.

Alright than, you are aware that Hispanics committed a lot of that colonization correct? How are they a victim? Do you mean the natives? Well they aren't Hispanic so they are out. You can claim Mulattos/Zambos are a product of colonization, and thus "victims" I suppose...but whatever I'm not going to brainstorm on what exactly you mean.
Whatever the case its a bore as you're lumping southern Europeans...actually no you're throwing just the Spanish lot into your group consisting of Africans, Asians, and the like to fit your argument.

Poor Lusophones never get any airtime, I suppose they just ain't all that important to the united states.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Rozalia1 said:
Who is flinging any sort of "mud" at you exactly? I don't recall calling you any names insult or otherwise.

This kind of shit always happens always.

> people with experience, background, and history with X thing say it's racist.
> people who do not have such backgrounds claim it's not.
> person with experience tries to explain why that thing is considered racist to them.
> person with no such experience continues to tell them they are wrong because X.

Rinse and fucking repeat.

The same thing happened to me in a thread where OP asked black users why they don't like the stereotype of watermelon and fried chicken. We tried to explain only to be told we are wrong.

Escapist user asks women which video game character do they see/not see as a power fantasy. Some women didn't see Morrigan from Darkstalkers and other prominent female characters as power fantasies. We were told we were wrong.

Now here I am trying to explain to you why black people in America ( which you claimed was irrelevant) are saying that DJ using the word savage was racist and once again I'm told I'm wrong, me being American is irrelevant (even though that's a huge part of the context) and is being sideverted with questions such as the Japanese one above.

So have your final word. This is the first or the last time those with experience and background on a subject matter are derailed or told to shut up by a majority that likes to play the word game.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Dragonbums said:
Who is flinging any sort of "mud" at you exactly? I don't recall calling you any names insult or otherwise.
You basically called me an idiot who can't understand simple examples, and further down the post I'm quoting you sell yourself above me in a big way, but doesn't matter.

Dragonbums said:
This kind of shit always happens always.

> people with experience, background, and history with X thing say it's racist.
> people who do not have such backgrounds claim it's not.
> person with experience tries to explain why that thing is considered racist to them.
> person with no such experience continues to tell them they are wrong because X.

Rinse and fucking repeat.
You being black means nothing, utterly irrelevant. It doesn't give you the authority to dictate what is and isn't.
Your claim to bring it all back was that it was exclusively racist to people of colour, and black people in particular.
You are wrong, it isn't exclusive hence why I brought up the examples of other people not in those dominations that some still to this day have such things flung at them, you ignore their plight of course to serve your own ends because who really cares about them, right?

Savage is as racist as uncivilised, and can be used on anybody whatever they may be. It doesn't specifically target black people or even coloured people, fact.

Dragonbums said:
The same thing happened to me in a thread where OP asked black users why they don't like the stereotype of watermelon and fried chicken. We tried to explain only to be told we are wrong.

Escapist user asks women which video game character do they see/not see as a power fantasy. Some women didn't see Morrigan from Darkstalkers and other prominent female characters as power fantasies. We were told we were wrong.

Now here I am trying to explain to you why black people in America ( which you claimed was irrelevant) are saying that DJ using the word savage was racist and once again I'm told I'm wrong, me being American is irrelevant (even though that's a huge part of the context) and is being sideverted with questions such as the Japanese one above.

So have your final word. This is the first or the last time those with experience and background on a subject matter are derailed or told to shut up by a majority that likes to play the word game.
All Irrelevant platitudes, but yes we're done here if you're refusing to answer points you can't answer and are letting me have the final word. The final word is cranberry.