Raiden IV Coming To America

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Raiden IV Coming To America

Twitchy shoot-em-up fans rejoice! The latest entry in the genre stalwart Raiden series is headed to North America this August.

Developed by UFO Interactive, Raiden IV offers the standard "fly through a stage blowing up everything in sight" gameplay the series is known for, backed up by all the graphical might of Microsoft's Xbox 360.

Additionally, Raiden IV will utilize the Xbox Live online platform to offer online leaderboards, downloadable replays and DLC packs including extra ships, according to 1up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174377].

Despite the technological upgrade, the game -- which has been available in Japan for months -- seems to retain all the gameplay nuances of its predecessors. A smart move for the developers, given that shmup fans are notoriously allergic to any sort of change.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
I hope that the US version of Raiden is either region free or that they're planning to release a European version of it. More shmups is never a bad thing.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Hooray for bullet hell games. Raiden has always been a good one, so I hope that this continues the trend.