Railjack - Warframe is bringing crewed ship space battles

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom

So, moving on from adding open world areas (plains of eidolon, and the upcoming Fortuna) looks like warframe is adding spacebattles where a team of four crew a spaceship and take on other ships, as well as promised other missions.

Looks like we'll be being boarded by enemies, as well as infiltrating other ships to highlight critical targets. This has a lot of potential.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I have been heading back into the warframes to prepare for this and get a hang of the deeper systems amongst other tiddlebits. Quite enjoy the reveal song they made too. But it feels a verse short and is over too soon.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Windknight said:

So, moving on from adding open world areas (plains of eidolon, and the upcoming Fortuna) looks like warframe is adding spacebattles where a team of four crew a spaceship and take on other ships, as well as promised other missions.

Looks like we'll be being boarded by enemies, as well as infiltrating other ships to highlight critical targets. This has a lot of potential.
I should perhaps preface that I do enjoy Warframe.

But yeah, potential actually bearing out is kind of hit and miss with it. Plains of Eidolon was in itself potential that just seemed to be left to rot as an annoying ordeal for some end game components, rather then ever getting a good coat of polish and attention put into it.

The demo was impressive, but whether they can deliver (without creating yet another Archwing issue of needing to split upgrades even more thinly) and importantly, expand on that demo remains to be seen.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Oh look, a new game mode no one will actually enjoy playing.

Jan 27, 2011
Venus I'm hyped as all hell for, it looks amazeballs. So long as essential stuff isn't gated behind super long faction grind again, I'm excited. (Gathering Murk livers is currently driving me mad, to the point where I'm trying to progress in the Earth faction just to get the bait for them, so I can build the amp that'll let me Eidolon hunt more effectively, which is what I want to do in the first place right now)

Railjack on the other hand I'm biting my nails over. It will either be beyond amazing, or it will tank harder than a Rino with Ironskin up. I don't see much in-between possible. Here's hoping there's some neat variety in Railjack missions, and that they're worthy of late-game content.

Honestly, though, The New War has me the most intrigued. Seriously, I don't cry for media at all, but The Sacrifice came reeaaaallly close to making that happen. It was beautiful, and now I'm insanely hyped to see where the story will go next.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
I for one, welcome Archewing 2.0 (Or Maybe 1.2?)

But, I imagine we're quite some ways off from them actually adding it to the game, and a while later when it's been updated enough to be all that enjoyable.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
....ok this is something I?ve wanted to see in gaming for awhile. Granted I wanted it on a bigger scale but I?ll take this.