Rainbow Six Siege Delayed Until December

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Rainbow Six Siege Delayed Until December

Rainbow Six Siege has been pushed back to the end of 2015.

In a blog post today [http://blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-delay/], Ubisoft announced a delay for Rainbow Six Siege, saying that they decided to make adjustments based on player feedback from in-studio playtests, the closed alpha, and event demos. The studio stated that "as gamers ourselves we know that quality comes first and we are committed to delivering the best game possible." The title, which was originally due to release worldwide on October 13, has been delayed in all regions until December 1.

"This wasn't an easy decision, but based on the feedback we've received, and based on our own internal tests, we felt there are adjustments and improvements we can make, including improving the co-op experience across all game modes, weapon and gadget balancing, as well as menu and interface navigation," the blog post reads. "We're taking a little more time to make these changes, and we think it's the right call."

"We understand that many of you are excited to get your hands on the final game, but as gamers ourselves we know that quality comes first and we are committed to delivering the best game possible."

The closed beta for Rainbow Six Siege begins on September 24 as planned.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Aka: Assassin's creed unity hurt. A lot.
We promise not to be so naughty this time. See?...look at us being good! We double checked and maybe trip...wait. Ok, one last check, guys.

Honestly though, I do feel compelled to play this game. Ubisoft have their faults but they are still a major part of my collection. Variety is the life of spice and all that.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Better late than Unity, though the delay does conflict with Just Cause 3...

Sep 24, 2008
... I just realized that I'll need to deal with Uplay to even touch this game. My original thought of "Good, now it won't be broken" has been replaced with "... and I'll never touch it at all."

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I haven't been looking into the Alpha and such, but I really hope that this is a legitimate Rainbow Six entry. I hope Ubisoft has at least taken a glance at the graveyard of titles that tried to pull people away from CoD and Battlefield when they had no business doing so. The original titles are getting a bit long in the tooth and I'd love to feel some tension planning a breach and clear again, with some intelligent party AI.

Mar 30, 2010
I'm fine with this - better a game be delayed than released unfinished. Looking forward to the beta on Monday, too. Got a day booked off work and everything. *rubs hands expectantly*

Aaw, crap! Got my months mixed up. FFS.