Rant on DOTA 2 and MOBA games in general.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
I've never once actually ran into a flamer in League of Legends who either didn't rage quit or keep feeding. Honestly, ignore them, or simply tell them to suck it up and play the bloody game without the whining. If he continues, ignore him, hes either trying to troll [and fail as every person does who trolls] or is just bad, and will leave if he gets stomped enough.

Also, Teemo I have determined is so overpowered if the first thing you get up is poison shot. Any enemy that kills you will die shortly after due to your special shot.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Rednog said:
If you don't want to learn the game/heroes and proceed to feed the enemy team you aren't being a team player. He's saying oh it's just a game why should I bother to spend time learning about it?
No, he actually just said he doesn't want to "spend days playing and studying it". It doesn't take "days" to learn enough to perform adequately, and it doesn't take atrocious amount of min-maxing to play well, really.

I get annoyed if I lose, but I get even more annoyed when I hear people like him who just die, run back to lane, die in a perpetual circles because "who cares it's just a game".
Well, that has yet to happen to me. The closest to that I ran across was someone going "Well you win some, you lose some", after the game. And that someone may have made a mistake or two, but so did everyone else. I'm flabbergasted at this tendency to pick out a scapegoat when it's glaringly obvious that the entire team did badly.

Aprilgold said:
I've never once actually ran into a flamer in League of Legends who either didn't rage quit or keep feeding. Honestly, ignore them, or simply tell them to suck it up and play the bloody game without the whining. If he continues, ignore him, hes either trying to troll [and fail as every person does who trolls] or is just bad, and will leave if he gets stomped enough.
Eh, if you keep feeding in LoL you're soon worth less than a minion kill, people tend to forget that fact. A 0/20/0 player almost gave the other team less gold than two 12/2/16 players who happened to get up to dominating then killed...

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
You just named the one main issue with DotA-style games. I've played roughly 1500 games of LoL, and I tend to never solo-q. Play with friends, and you fix DotA' m'kay?

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
I started playing LoL recently. There are a few dicks, but no-one who can't be brushed off after being told that they are idiots for expecting too much of beginner-level AI games.

The game itself is FUN, no matter whether people are complete suck or skilled veterans. It could do with a bit more map variety though.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
I just brush them all off. Do your best, and that's fine. You'll win some, you'll lose some. It's a game, if they don't like being paired with random people of questionable skill, they should have queued with four friends.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Troublesome Lagomorph said:
Verzin said:
Here's what I don't like about MOBAs: the people who play them.
Does anyone? They're some of the biggest jackasses I've ever seen. They completely ruined HoN for me and I don't even want to play DOTA2 because everyone I've encountered so far has been a prick. LoL is the only game with a community that doesn't make me want to strangle cute little bunnies.
Sorry... Wat? Are we talking about the same LoL here? God are HoN and DOTA2's communties worse? How?! Or are you just ridiculously lucky and get all the angelic chiors every game?

BRB copy pasting myself from an earlier thread ^^

The Wykydtron said:
Take it away Siv!

Yep they do need to chill. You can be winning a game comfortably and have two of your team raging over your Nocturne doing less than well. You're winning stfu before he gets sick of you and goes afk.

I once got raged at for almost feeding. One guy said "oh Riven's (me) feeding!" I had zero deaths so no. Then after winning a 1v1 barely he said "oh well you almost fed that guy"

One death isn't feeding. GTFO

I understand why they do it, not that I agree with them but I doubt they understand the effect it has on the team and how it can and will cause a sure win game into a bullshit loss.

Like how our tank said fuck it the one time after taking an unholy amount of abuse for no reason and went to backdoor several towers rather than actually tanking the teamfights. We lost. I don't blame the guy one bit, why should he help some random assholes?

You have to be happy with your own performance not your team's performance. If i'm having a perfectly good Mid battle with zero deaths and good last hits when every other lane is going way south causing us to lose I honestly don't care. I did well. That's enough for me.

I could even blame myself for not ganking. Or at least blame the lack of a jungler since this is blind pick normal bitches and nobody jungles in blind pick normal!
Seriously watch that video, the section on behaviour is a must watch for anyone who wants to play a MOBA game.

I hate the word "feeding" just imagine if you will, a usual game of LoL.

Right, so your bot lane is not doing that well. They've died twice and are slightly underleveled with only one kill between them. Some genius on your team types "stop feeding"

Now, let's see how this helps our unfortunate friends in bot lane. It doesn't. In fact it'll likely make them demotivated and do even worse. What does that "advice" even do? They obviously tried turret hugging and they got Vladi'd to death because fuck your pool. In a perfect world this is when the jungler comes in, ganks the shit out of them and gives them kills/assists and free farming time.

In reality the jungle is permaganking top or just being incompetent. If you even have a jungle that is. Normal Blind Pick is a ***** like that.

You have no jungle a screwed lane will stay screwed unless mid/top is doing well and can afford a drive-by gank. This rarely happens...

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Can we add "Hey, MOBA communities, what's up with them? They're terrible!" to the list of things that in theory may have once been insightful and/or funny, but are now just dumb? I think it ought to go right next to "Airline food, what's up with that?" and "women can't drive, have you ever noticed?"