Rapper Releases Tribute to Joss Whedon's Firefly

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Dunno, I love rap, I loved Firefly, but this does not impress me in the slightest, it sounds pretty awful.

Lyrics are shabby and poorly constructed, his rapping is meh and while the sample is cool, it really doesn't combine well with his rapping - he's doing storytelling, which is fine, but he's using a gangsta voice to do it, which really doesn't fit with the atmosphere the song is going for.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
SirBryghtside said:
Woodsey said:
"Jayne Cobb (played by Adam Baldwin)"

But... Jayne is a girl's name.

I can't tell if you're saying that seriously, or that you've watched Firefly and know that that's a verbatim quote from River Tam.
I think you've answered your own ponderings. :)

OT:
Firefly was a tasty mix of spaceships and westerns. I don't see why a rap can't mix it up a bit. :) I don't like blanketing "all rap is awful." Blanket statements are never true. Give it up for a case by case basis; like this one. Content of rap songs is what kills it for me. If it's about bling and boats, I'm not interested. But a rap about a timeless show killed before its prime? I'm on board, capt'n.

Donojosh

Aug 24, 2010
Wow, you sorta forget what proper rap is until you hear it again. Mate has gotta keep doing this.

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
I'm going to piss the word firefly into the first snow of winter and see if it gets onto the front of this website.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Been listening to this for a few weeks now, I really enjoy the character pieces, but the rest of the songs are pretty forgetable. But it's worth it for the character pieces, the one about Book and Kaylee are probably the best, but the Wash, River and Jayne ones are pretty good too.

Adam WarRock's stuff keeps constantly improving, this whole album is a lot better than his West Coast mixtape, that only had a few songs I really enjoyed, USAgent being probably my favourite and those were still a lot more repetitive.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
Owen Robertson said:
6_Qubed said:
I am totally digging the hip hop fiddle. :D
Then go check out Hip-Hop Violin by Paul Dateh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Xt-XeWnHM

Pretty boss.
"Pretty boss?" Feh.

FINAL BOSS

(did you forget that this is a gaming website)

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
6_Qubed said:
Owen Robertson said:
6_Qubed said:

Pretty boss.
"Pretty boss?" Feh.

FINAL BOSS

Did you not click on a post with rap in the title? Ebonics, hoe. Learn them shits. I'm just playin' son.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
Owen Robertson said:
6_Qubed said:
Owen Robertson said:
6_Qubed said:

Pretty boss.
"Pretty boss?" Feh.

FINAL BOSS

Did you not click on a post with rap in the title? Ebonics, hoe. Learn them shits. I'm just playin' son.
AS AM I, SQUIRE

I was playing off of your specific wording, the nature of the site in general, and attempting (poorly, apparently) to express that I really liked the thing you linked.

Trust me, I get what you're saying, son. I may be white as the driven snow, but two years in Job Corps had a lasting effect. Hell, we covered local vernacular the first week in.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
6_Qubed said:
AS AM I, SQUIRE

I was playing off of your specific wording, the nature of the site in general, and attempting (poorly, apparently) to express that I really liked the thing you linked.

Trust me, I get what you're saying, son. I may be white as the driven snow, but two years in Job Corps had a lasting effect. Hell, we covered local vernacular the first week in.
Aight dogg. I wasn't sure what you meant, so I assumed you was whiter than a mofucka'. But now that I think bout it... jokes.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
And this is why I no longer just categorize musical generes...
Well, mostly...

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
Owen Robertson said:
6_Qubed said:
AS AM I, SQUIRE

Aight dogg. I wasn't sure what you meant, so I assumed you was whiter than a mofucka'. But now that I think bout it... jokes.
Oh make no mistake, I am. I may have a Ghetto Pass, but it's probationary. Kinda like a learner's permit.